The Rode NT5 Microphone is a premier small diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone, designed for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals and live performances. The NT5's frequency response and SPL handling enable it to respond to most applications.
The Rode NT5 Microphone is a compact externally polarized mic employing a 1/2" capsule, an active J-FET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer. The Rode NT5 is intended for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals and live performances.
Its tight cardioid pickup pattern also makes it ideal for use as an indoor dialogue microphone for filmmaking on a mic stand or boom.
Expanding the Rode NT5's versatility, an interchangeable omnidirectional capsule (NT45-O) is available.
Finished in durable satin nickel, the Rode NT5 available as a single microphone or as an acoustically matched pair.
The Rode NT5 is designed and made in Australia, and covered by Rode's industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode NT5 Microphone Features
- Externally biased condenser
- Gold sputtered 1/2 capsule
- Heavy-duty satin-nickel plated body
- Dual power operation
- Surface mount circuitry
- Low noise
- Full frequency response
- Available as Certified Match Pair
Rode NT5 Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 100O
- Maximum SPL: 143dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Maximum Output Level: 13.9dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 16dB-A
- Power Options: +24V phantom power+48V phantom power
- Weight: 101.00gm
- Dimensions: 118.00mmH x 20.00mmW x 20.00mmD
- Output: XLR Output
Rode NT5 Microphone Includes
- NT5 - Compact 1/2" Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- RM5 - Durable Microphone Clip
- WS5 - Pop Filter/Wind Shield
- ZP1 - Padded Zip Pouch
- 1 Year Warranty (free 10 years extension following registration of your microphone)
Rode NT5 Microphone Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I'm very pleased!Nov 24th 2017
Thanks for the timely service and product. I'm consistently had great experiences with Front End Audio! Thank you!