Rode PodCaster USB Microphone
The Rode PodCaster USB Microphone is a dynamic, end-address USB microphone that combines broadcast-quality audio with the simplicity of USB connectivity, allowing recording direct to a computer without the need for an additional digital interface.
The Rode PodCaster USB Microphone incorporates an audiophile quality 18-bit resolution, 48kHz sampling A/D converter, and processes all of the analogue-to-digital conversion internally, bypassing the computer's lower quality on-board sound controller altogether.
A headphone output on the microphone body provides zero-latency monitoring, so the user can hear exactly what is being recorded, free of delay or echo.
The Rode Podcaster features an internal pop filter, designed to minimise plosives sounds that can overload the microphone capsule and distort the audio output.
The Rode PodCaster is fully compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mac OS X computers, as well as several Linux distributions. The microphone is bus powered and features a status LED to indicate operation.
The Rode Podcaster is ideal for podcasting, vodcasting, YouTube videos, voice recognition software, corporate videos and any production application that requires a simple yet professional voice-over microphone. It is also a convenient demo microphone for musicians and songwriters that prefer the convenience of a USB microphone but don't want to compromise sound quality.
The Rode PodCaster can also be used as an iPad microphone for the Apple iPad (in conjunction with the iPad Camera Connection Kit and a powered USB hub) to provide high quality recording to various iPad audio applications such as Garageband.
The Rode Podcaster USB microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by Rode Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode PodCaster USB Microphone Features
- Broadcast Sound Quality
- 28mm Dynamic capsule
- 18-bit Resolution, 8-48kHz sampling
- Windows and Mac compatible
- Powered by USB bus
- Internal capsule shock mounting
- 3.5mm Stereo headphone output with volume control built-in to body
- Ideal for voice recognition software
Rode PodCaster USB Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Dynamic
- Active Electronics: Analogue signal conditioning + A/D and USB interface
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Resolution: 18-bit
- Sampling Rate: 8-48kHz
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 14kHz
- Output Impedance: 0O
- Maximum SPL: 115dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -51.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (2.80mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Power Options: USB bus powered
- Weight: 610.00gm
- Dimensions: 215.00mmH x 56.00mmW x 52.00mmD
- Output: USB Output
Rode PodCaster USB Microphone Includes
- Podcaster - USB Broadcast Microphone
- RM2 - Ring-Mount Microphone Stand
- USB Cable (3m/10')
- 1 Year Warranty (free 10 years extension following registration of your microphone)
Rode PodCaster USB Microphone Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I write product reviews regularly and did one that covered the top five studio quality microphones at affordable prices. Rode Podcaster is among the top five and is one of the premier line of microphones with a large diaphragm condenser that captures sounds and renders them with sharpness, crispness and richness that are par excellence. I hope you will find the review here very helpful :