The Rode NT-USB USB Microphone is a highly versatile side-address USB microphone, ideal for recording singing and musical performances in addition to spoken applications such as podcasting and voice-over.
The Rode NT-USB USB Microphone is fully compatible with all mainstream recording applications on both Windows and Mac OS based computers, as well as the Apple iPad using Rode Rec, GarageBand, or any other recording app that accepts an external microphone. Use on the Apple iPad requires a suitable USB connection adaptor, such as the Apple Camera Connection Kit.
The body of the Rode NT-USB features a zero-latency stereo headphone monitoring (3.5mm) jack, which allows you to monitor the microphone input in realtime, along with dials to adjust the monitoring level and mix between the computer/iPad audio and the microphone input.
A premium pop-filter is included, which fits onto the base of the mic, positioning the filter the ideal distance from the capsule to minimise plosives (hard B', T' or P' sounds that produce a harsh sound) during singing or speech. Also provided is a high-quality stand mount with industry standard 3/8 thread, desktop tripod stand that allows the Rode NT-USB to sit at a comfortable height on a tabletop, and a pouch for storage of the microphone when not in use.
Rode NT-USB USB Microphone Features
- High quality studio microphone with the convenience of USB connectivity
- Pop shield, Tripod desk stand, ring mount, storage pouch and 6m (20') USB cable are the parts of your mic
- 3.5mm stereo headphone jack for zero-latency monitoring
- Direct mix control between mic input and source output
- Compatible with Apple® iPad
- Compatible with the SMR shockmount & WS2 foam windshield
Rode NT-USB USB Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer, A/D converter 16bit 48kHz
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Resolution: 16-bit
- Address Type: Side
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Maximum SPL: 110dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Power Options: USB bus powered
- Weight: 520gm
- Dimensions: 184mmH x 62mmW x 50mmD
- Output: USB Output
Rode NT-USB USB Microphone Includes
- NT-USB Versatile Studio-Quality USB Microphone
- USB Cable (6m / 19.8 ft)
- Black Zip Case
- Detachable Pop Filter Screen
- Tripod Stand - for tabletop and podcast use
- Ring Mount - for Microphone Stands
- 1 Year Warranty (free extension to 2 years following registration of your microphone)
Rode NT-USB USB Microphone Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I need to preface this review of the equipment with a review of Front End Audio. For almost half a year high quality USB mics have been on back-order from the A/V superstore in New York. I don't know what prompted me to go to e-bay but, there they were! ALL kinds of good USB microphones In-Stock and ready to ship! Ordered mine late Friday afternoon and it was on my doorstep before noon on Monday! Great communication, too! (Thanks a lot for the extra stickers!) Now, about the mic. I'm a deposition videographer. I video record depositions in civil litigation. Probably 95% of these are now taking place by ZOOM or other video conferencing platforms. Still, I often find myself in the room with the witness who sits in front of a laptop I need to provide. Even with high end Mac Books I needed a table top mic I could place in front of the witness This Rode is great! The sound is deep and warm. The mic is perfectly sensitive enough for me - the witness doesn't need to be right on top of it. It works perfectly for me! I'm not one of these high-end audio geeks who can speak intelligently about hiss and other things, I can only speak to how it sounds in a deposition setting. I am very satisfied with this mic. The included pop-filter is VERY stylish but the included stand leaves a lot to be desired. Lastly, a "MUTE" button would make it perfect. The only things keeping it from 5 stars. But for the price and the service from Front End it gets the extra star.
We have been pleased so far with this mic. Recording distance is about 6 ft without moving the mic. Thank you!!