The Earthworks M23MP Measurement Microphones are a matched pair of M23 Precision Engineered 23kHz Omnidirectional Measurement Mic ideally suited for acoustical measurements including loudspeaker design and quality control, sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where accurate free-field measurement microphones are required.
The Earthworks M23MP Omni Measurement Microphones are a matched pair of M23, a cost effective reference microphone for SMAART, MLSSA, Spectrafoo software, TEF and RTA, and all “audio band” measurements. The Earthworks M23MP has a flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics.
Known for its reliable performance, the Earthworks M23MP delivers unparalleled audio results at an affordable cost. It has a flat frequency response that extends from 3Hz to 23kHz, an exceptionally consistent omnidirectional polar response, 140dB SPL rating without distortion and no handling noise.
Immune to most temperature and atmospheric fluctuations, the Earthworks M23MP delivers reliable and repeatable results in any environment.
Extremely fast impulse response and linear phase response make the Earthworks M23MP ideal for use with high-quality FFT-based real-time audio system measurement software like SMAART™, SIM™, REW™, Electroacoustics Toolbox™, FuzzMeasure™ and others, as well as for use in PA system alignment and loudspeaker design.
Every Earthworks M23 Omni Measurement Microphone is individually hand-tuned and tested and is delivered with its own printed frequency response chart. An Electronic Calibration File (ECF) is generated for each microphone during final testing, and can be downloaded free of charge after product registration.
Earthworks M23MP Measurement Microphones Features
- 23kHz Flat frequency response
- Cost effective measurement microphone
- Improved version of the SMAARTMIC™ previously offered by EAW
- Ideally suited for acoustical measurements sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where an accurate free-field measurement microphone is required
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Used by SMAART™, MLSSA™, Spectrafoo™, TEF™ and RTA in addition to acoustic measurement systems manufactured by dbx, DEQX and others
- Meets or exceeds ANSI Type 1 and applicable IEC 61094 requirements
- Delivered with its own calibration chart providing its individually measured open-circuit sensitivity and the frequency response curve
- Electronic Calibration File available
- Operating temperature range is -20 deg C to +60 deg C ( -4 deg. F to 140 deg. F)
- Storage temperature range is -40 deg C to +80 deg C ( -40 deg. F to 176 deg. F)
- Humidity up to 90%
- Re-calibration recommended every five (5) years
Earthworks M23MP Measurement Microphones Applications
- Foley Recording
Earthworks M23MP Measurement Microphones Specifications
- Frequency Response: 9Hz to 23kHz ±1/-3dB
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: 30mV/Pa (-30.5dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 142dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 100O, balanced (50O ea. pin 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 22dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: (Per Mic) 165mm x 22mm (6.5 x .860 inches)
- Weight: (Per Mic) .35 lb. (160g)
Earthworks M23MP Measurement Microphones Includes
- Matched Pair of Earthworks M23 Omni Measurement Microphone
- 2 x ADP1 1/2? Calibrator Adapters
- 2 x MC1 Microphone Clips
- User Manual
- Calibration Chart
- 15 Years Warranty
Earthworks M23MP Omni Measurement Microphones Downloads
- Earthworks M23MP Omni Measurement Microphones User Guide (PDF)
- Earthworks M23MP Omni Measurement Microphones Data Sheet (PDF)