The AEA N8 & RPQ2 Stereo Package delivers a MATCHED PAIR of AEA N8 Microphones together with the AEA RPQ2 Preamp and a pair of Mogami Gold Cables for getting in and out of the RPQ2. This bundle puts the professional sound of this active ribbon microphone toolkit in your hands (and ears) that is perfect for sublimely capturing instruments, and more.
AEA N8 Ribbon Microphone
The AEA N8 was designed to be the most open and natural sounding ribbon microphone AEA could make. Conceived to render acoustic spaces as faithfully as possible, the new N8 microphone excels in capturing drum overheads, strings, classical ensembles, orchestras, and rooms. As such, it is the ideal complement to the N22 microphone. But even when used up close, such as on guitar and bass amps, the N8 delivers exceptional clarity and warmth, while also taking EQ extremely well. Additionally, the N8's unobtrusive size and black finish is ideal for orchestral and TV work, where microphones need to be easy to position and more or less invisible.
AEA RPQ2 2-Channel Ribbon Microphone Preamplifier
Specifically designed for ribbon microphones, the RPQ2 excels at drawing out the warmth and lush sound ribbons are uniquely known for. With 81dB of sweet JFET gain, the RPQ2 delivers the quietness, and headroom needed for today's high-resolution recordings. With phantom power disengaged, the NoLoad input impedance at 63K Ohms means the RPQ2 won't load down a mic and change its sound. The RPQ2's CurveShaper EQ gives you the tools to control your ribbons right at the start of the signal path. Switchable and tunable low and high-frequency controls allow you to tame proximity and provide HF extension. The RPQ2 also includes front panel Direct Inputs, Mic/Line switches for balanced line inputs and outputs, as well as inserts for patching compressors or other effects between the preamp and CurveShaper EQ section. This feature is particularly useful for bypassing the preamp section when you want to use the unit in Line Input mode for post-EQ processing. Engineers have discovered that the RPQ2 also complements their moving coil and condenser microphones, quite nicely. Like AEA's Big Ribbons, they designed the RPQ2 to have a natural and musical tonality.
AEA N8 & RPQ2 Stereo Package Features
- AEA N8:
- Open and natural
- Designed for far-field: overheads, strings, and room mics
- Unobtrusive, discreet and video friendly look
- The same Big Ribbon as the R44
- Phantom powered electronics for optimal performance with any preamp
- 100% manufactured in Pasadena, CA
- AEA RPQ2:
- Two channels with 81dB of sweet and quiet JFET gain
- NoLoad 63k ohm high-impedance circuitry providing better overall transients, frequency response, and higher output sensitivity
- High-resolution, high-impedance front-panel 1/4" DIs
- Mic/Line mode with Post-Mic and Pre-EQ Inserts for alternative and convenient routing options
AEA N8 & RPQ2 Stereo Package Includes
- 2 x AEA N8 Ribbon Microphones
- 1 x AEA Stereo Matching
- 1 x AEA RPQ2 Preamp
- 2 x Mogami Gold Microphone Cables
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review