The AEA R84A Active Ribbon Microphone is an active version of the AEA R84 and is a staple in numerous recording studios because of its unique tonality and classic sound. Its smooth, high-frequency roll-off and reduced sibilance make it the go-to choice for engineers tracking vocals and other instruments that often sound harsh when recorded with condenser mics.
The AEA R84A quickly endears itself to engineers and musicians due to its remarkably expansive frequency range complete with sweeping highs and booming lows.The R84A balanced and manageable proximity effect just feet away from the source bolsters the low end of vocals, drums, and brass. With a ribbon mic as multi-purpose, lightweight, and maneuverable as the R84A, it is well-suited for both close-up and ambient mic applications.
The AEA R84A mic retains the same sonic character of the AEA R84, but with an additional 12dB of output and a stable impedance. This gives a consistent frequency response and greater flexibility with different preamps, including those found in audio interfaces for personal computers. This is great for on-the-road musicians who might have to use a different preamp each night. The extra 12db of output is a huge help when recording quiet sources like vocals and soft acoustic guitars. The active circuitry also prevents noise, interference on long cable runs or when operating near large lighting rigs. The R84A requires standard 48-volt phantom power to operate the active circuitry. The R84A also possesses an 18-carrot, gold-plated grill.
The R84A's gorgeous mid-range captures the unique qualities of many instruments with detailed elegance. Its large low end is perfect for beefing up the sound of drum kits or thickening up the bass in thin vocals. It's a mic that works well on practically any voice or musical instrument, making it useful tool in both recording and broadcast studios.
AEA R84A Active Ribbon Microphone Features
- Warm, smooth and detailed classic ribbon sound
- Full and rich tonality with generous highs and lows
- Voiced like the legendary R44 Series but with less proximity effect
- Versatile for both close and ambient applications
- Active R84A version has 12db level increase and is optimized for all preamps
- Made in the U.S.A
AEA R84A Active Ribbon Microphone Includes
- R84A Active Ribbon Microphone
- Captive 10-Foot Output Cable
- User manual
AEA R84A Active Ribbon Microphone Specifictions
- Operating Principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional Pattern: Bidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure on front of microphone
- Transducer Element Material: Pure aluminum corrugated ribbon
- Maximum SPL: 141 + dB SPL (1% third harmonic > 1 kHz)
- Sensitivity: 6.3 mV/Pa (-44 dBv/Pa) into unloaded circuit
- Output Impedance: 92 Ω broadband
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1.0K Ω or greater
- Phantom Power: P48 phantom power, 7 mA
- Connector: XLR-3M
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review