Yamaha MODX8 Synthesizer Workstation
The Yamaha MODX8 Synthesizer Workstation is a compact, lightweight synthesizer designed to empower your creativity, lets you take control and stand out from the crowd. Designed for inspired music-making, the MODX8 features the same technology as MONTAGE synthesizer modernized for amazing sound playback and complex sound design.
The Yamaha MODX8 Synthesizer Workstation uses the same technology powering the flagship MONTAGE with two Iconic Sound Engines modernized for amazing sound playback and complex sound design.
Sound is the most important aspect of any instrument. The power of the Yamaha MODX8 synthesis engine allows unlimited potential to create your own unique sound demanded by any artist. The Yamaha MODX8 sound engine is based on the same technology powering the flagship MONTAGE: AWM2 (Advanced Wave Memory 2) sample and synthesis engine and a pure FM-X (Frequency Modulation) synthesizer modernized for amazing sound playback and complex sound design.
- AWM2 - Only found in Yamaha music synthesizers, the AWM2 engine offers much more than just sample playback. Each of the 16 AWM2 parts feature eight fully-programmable synthesizers with a filter (18 different types!,) amplitude, pitch and filter envelope generators, nine LFOs, 3-band EQ and a dedicated dual insert effect with Virtual Circuitry Modeling.
- FM-X - FM-X is an amazingly sophisticated pure synthesizer engine capable of producing classic ‘80s or cutting-edge, EDM sound with incredible dynamic range, power and fidelity. Yamaha MODX8 features an 8-operator FM architecture and 64-note polyphony, allowing for a massive array of sound design options.
192-Note Total Polyphony
The Yamaha MODX8 features 128-note stereo AWM2 polyphony and 64-notes of FM-X polyphony. Due to the unique architecture of Yamaha MODX8 and MONTAGE, this polyphony is always available without latency or compromising other features.
SSS (Seamless Sound Switching)
Seamless Sound Switching (SSS) lets you change performances seamlessly without any cut-off in envelope or effects. This is perfect for live performances where you end one song and start another without stopping. (This function is only available for Performances that have a maximum of 4 parts).
Yamaha MODX8 includes 1 GB of non-volatile user flash memory with high speed reading/writing for your own custom samples or synth libraries from yamahamusicsoft.com.
From high definition reverbs to incredibly detailed Virtual Circuit Modeling (VCM) effects, the Yamaha MODX8 is loaded with DSP innovation, power and, most importantly, sound quality. Use effects like Beat Repeat, Vinyl Break or Bit Crusher to get EDM sound. The Spiralizer effect creates the auditory illusion of a tone continually rising or falling in pitch without getting higher or lower. You can even add a compressor with sidechain for a modern “ducking” effect. Or go retro with vintage effects like Analog Delay, VCM Phaser or a variety of Amp Simulators. Piano players will appreciate piano-focused effects like Damper Resonance for a super-realistic piano experience and the HD reverbs that let you put yourself in any performance space.
Coupled with two A/D inputs, the Yamaha MODX8 is a perfect centerpiece for any professional recording studio or live computer rig.
Automatically control the dynamic behavior of one part from another. Sidechain is very popular in modern dance music where a pad or other sustain part is “keyed” to the kick drum. When the kick drum plays, it ducks down the sustained part creating a “pumping” rhythmic effect.
Multi-Channel USB Audio Interface
As expected for modern computer-based music production, the Yamaha MODX8 features a professional 4-in/10-out, multi-channel USB audio interface. A single-cable connection replaces the need for an external audio interface. iOS compatible.
Every artist wants to sound unique. Take control and stand out from the crowd. Bring the sophistication of music production automation to realtime live performance with Motion Control.
The Super Knob allows simultaneous control of up to 128 parameters in a single Performance. This means you can control nearly anything from mix functions like volume, pan and effect sends to detailed synth parameters like filters, LFOs and Operators.
That’ s 128 Parameters…Simultaneously!
The Super Knob can even be assigned to a second FC7 foot controller making it easy to manipulate the sound when playing with both hands.
Motion Sequences are tempo-synchronized, completely customizable control sequences that can be assigned to virtually any synthesizer parameter and provide incredible new ways of creating sound. Motion Sequences also have dedicated controls on the front panel making it easy to manipulate and change in real-time, providing incredible interactivity and expression.
The Envelope Follower converts audio into a control source for control of virtually any synthesizer parameter. For example, a drum loop could drive effects parameters for a cool rhythm or a vocal recording could control multiple parameters for a “talking” synthesizer. The audio can even be a “live” source through the A/D input.
Audio Beat Sync
ABS (Audio Beat Sync) detects the beat of and external device like an electronic drum kit, drum machine or audio player plugged into the A/D input and synchronizes the Yamaha MODX8 Arpeggiator, Motion Sequencer or Songs to the tempo of the external input. The Yamaha MODX8 synthesizer “listens” to live music and plays in time.
Cubase AI Bundle
The Yamaha MODX8 is bundled with Cubase AI, Steinberg's professional music production application that offers integrated recording and editing.
Designed for musicians on the go, the Yamaha MODX8 is compact, lightweight and mobile.
The Yamaha MODX6 weighs in at 14.6 lbs, the Yamaha MODX7 at 16.3 lbs and the 88-note weighted Graded Hammer Action Yamaha MODX8 comes in at a svelte 30.4 lbs.
The premium soft case for Yamaha MODX8 is protective, lightweight and stylish. Not just a mere “gig bag”, the Yamaha MODX8 soft case is manufactured with top-notch nylon, high quality zippers, pockets for pedals and cables and a luxurious inside that will keep your Yamaha MODX8 protected and looking great for years to come.
Yamaha MODX8 Synthesizer Workstation Features
- Motion Control Synthesis unifies and controls AWM2 and FM-X sound engines
- Super Knob controls multiple parameters simultaneously for highly expressive sound interaction
- USB connectivity supports multichannel audio I/O (ten channels out and four channels in) plus 16-channel MIDI in and out
- Live Sets allow Performance organization without copying, changing order, or renaming
- 4-Part Seamless Sound Switching enables changing Performances while holding notes without cutting off the sound or effect
- Direct Control Assignment assigns controls at the touch of a button
- The A/D input processes external audio sources with your the Yamaha MODX8's DSP
- Motion Sequences drive synthesizer parameters through rhythmic control data you can interact with in real time
- The Envelope Follower allows internal or external audio to be used as a synth parameter control source
- AWM2 provides data compression without sacrificing sound quality
- Large LCD touchscreen and easy navigation controls
- Onboard DSP processing including reverb, 3-band EQ, and more
- Lightweight for easy transport
Yamaha MODX8 Synthesizer Workstation Specifications
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 1,333mm x 160mm x 404mm (52-1/2" x 6-1/16" x 15-7/8")
- Weight: 13.8 kg (30 lbs 7 oz)
- Control Interface:
- Number of Keys: 88
- Type: GHS Keyboard
- Initial Touch: Yes
- Aftertouch: No
- Tone Generator:
- Tone Generator: Motion Control Synthesis Engine AMW2: 8 Elements FM-X: 8 Operators, 88 Algorithms
- Multi Timbral Capacity: 16 Parts (Internal), Audio Input Parts (A/D, USB) Stereo Part
- Wave: Preset: 5.67 GB (when converted to 16 bit linear format), User: 1.00 GB
- Performance: Approx. 2,000
- Filter: 18 Types
- Maximum Polyphony: AWM2: 128 (Max.; Stereo/Mono Waveforms) FM-X: 64 (Max.)
- Effects: Reverb x 12 types, Variation x 76 Types, Insertion (A, B) x 76 types, Master Effect x 15 Types A/D Part Insertion x 71 Types (Preset Settings for Parameters of Each Effect Type are Provided as Templates) Master EQ (5 Bands), 1st Part EQ (3 Bands), 2nd Part EQ (2 Bands)
- Controllers: Master Volume, AD Input Gain knob, USB Volume, Pitch Bend Wheel, Modulation Wheel, Control Sliders x 4, Knobs x 4, Super Knob, Data dial
- Display: 7" TFT Color Wide VGA LCD Touch Screen
- Connectors: [USB TO DEVICE], [USB TO HOST], MIDI [IN]/[OUT], FOOT CONTROLLER /, FOOT SWITCH [ASSIGNABLE]/[SUSTAIN], OUTPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, Standard Phone Jacks), [PHONES] (6.3 mm, Standard Stereo Phone Jack), A/D INPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, Standard Phone Jacks)
- Power Consumption: 16 W (When Using PA-150B AC Adaptor)
- Live Sets: Preset: 256 and More, User: 2,048
- Performance Recorder:
- Tracks: 16 Sequence Tracks, Tempo Track, Scene Track
- Recording Type: Real Time Replace, Real Time Overdub, Real Time Punch In/Out
- Note Capacity: Approx. 130,000 Notes
- Note Resolution: 480 ppq (Parts Per Quarter Note)
- Tempo (BPM): 5 – 300
- Songs: 128 Songs
- Arpeggio: Parts: 8 Parts Simultaneous (Max.), Preset: 10,239 Types User: 256 Types
- Sequence Formats: MODX Original Format, SMF Formats 0, 1
Yamaha MODX8 Synthesizer Workstation Includes
- 1 x Yamaha MODX8 Synthesizer Workstation
- 1 x AC Adaptor (PA-150B or An Equivalent Recommended by Yamaha)
- 1 x Cubase AI Download Information
- 1 x Owner’s Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
Yamaha MODX8 Synthesizer Workstation Downloads
- Yamaha MODX8 Synthesizer Workstation Owners Manual (PDF)
- Yamaha MODX8 Synthesizer Workstation Reference Manual (PDF)
- Yamaha MODX8 Synthesizer Workstation Data List (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review