Yamaha MX49 49-Key Synthesizer
Yamaha MX49 49-Key Synthesizer
Yamaha MX49 49-Key Synthesizer Details
At the core of the Yamaha MX49 49-Key Synthesizer is carefully selected sounds taken from the world famous Yamaha MOTIF XS. That powerful sound arsenal is packed into a slim and sleek package that fit today's on-the-go mobile life style. But Yamaha's MX Series aren't just synthesizers; they are designed to bridge the gap between hardware and software. By adding extensive audio and MIDI USB connectivity and advanced DAW and VST controller features, the MX integrate hardware reliability with controller flexibility to give you the best of both worlds at a ground breaking level of affordability. Whether on stage to in the studio, the MX packs a powerful punch at minimal price.
The MX series contains more than 1000 Voices derived directly from the world famous Yamaha MOTIF XS series. From realistic acoustic sounds like piano, electric piano, strings and drums to complex 8 element synth sounds, the MX has all of your favorite Motif XS voices right at your fingertips. The MX even has a streamlined interface for instant hands on selection of all those great Voices. The newly designed Category selection makes it easier than ever to find Voice you need. You can even edit and store your own sounds right on board.
MX synthesizers come equipped with VCM effects, which simulate vintage effectors at the circuit level. The sounds of the â??70s are brought back to life, through simulating the hard-to-find vintage sounds of equalizer, flanger, phaser, and wah effects introduced by the keyboard legends of the era. Performance Mode on the Motifs has always been the place to find instant inspiration and the MX is no different. You can easily combine two Voices to play on the keyboard using the dedicated Split and Layer buttons each with their own intelligent arpeggiator and a dedicated Part for a drum track to create evocative Performances that feel like a whole band is playing. The 128 Performances on the MX are all user editable, but come programmed with the latest club friendly grooves.
Each Performance contains not only the three sounds described above, but all the settings for a complete 16 Part Multi setting for play. You can switch between any of the 16 Parts without the sound cutting off. With 128 notes polyphony there are plenty of notes to play even the densest sequences from your DAW. These features make the MX the perfect tone generator solution for live performance and live playback of DAW midi tracks.
The Yamaha MX49 also features solid knobs and durable buttons for controlling internal sounds, DAW parameters and VST instruments. The deceptively simple interface is combined with a remote template editor on your computer so any VST you own or any new VSTs you buy can be easily setup to be controlled by the MX. There are advanced integration templates for use with a variety of DAWs. When used with Cubase there is even an AI knob so any parameter can be controlled by the large rotary encoder just by mousing over it. It's never been quicker to take full control of Cubase.
In addition to USB audio/MIDI port, the MX has a USB to Device port so you can connect USB devices for storing MX data to external memory and even playing back wave files directly from a USB stick. If you want to add a tablet or an MP3 player to your system just connect to the AUX input using a mini stereo cable and you are ready to go.
The MX series is the only hardware synth in its price range to come with a complete suite of music production software tools. . The included Steinberg Cubase AI features 48 audio tracks and 64 MIDI tracks, notation, built in VST effects so with just e MX and AI you can do complete productions. But we didn't stop there; it comes bundled with Steinberg Prologue and the Yamaha YC-3B organ emulator so you have some compelling VSTs to get started. Plus there are Remote Template editors for setting up controls of VSTs. Finally Yamaha has worked with some third party developers to insure that there will be fully functional cross platform editors available at release.
But the MX doesn't just control software DAWs and VSTs; it's an audio interface as well. Just connect a USB cable to computer and you can monitor all the sounds from your computer via headphone output of the MX or listen to your DAW tracks by connecting the MX to external studio monitors or PA gear. The audio converters on the MX are made for professional music applications so everything on your computer even games will sound better when using the MX as the output. The MX interface is bi-directional so you can record the internal sounds of MX directly to your computer without ever going to the analog domain for the highest possible quality.
Yamaha MX49 49-Key Synthesizer Features
- Motif Sound - From realistic acoustic sounds like piano, electric piano, strings and drums to complex 8 element synth sounds, the MX has all of your favorite Motif XS voices right at your fingertips.
- Over 1000 Voices - The MX series contains more than 1000 Voices so no matter what kind of music you play you can always find just the Voice need (or create your own!).
- VCM Effects - The MX features an extensive effect systemâ?"including VCM (Virtual Circuitry Modeling) Effects, REV-X Reverb Effects, and an overall Master EQ.
- One Touch Layer & Split - You can easily combine two Voices to play on the keyboard using the dedicated Split and Layer buttons.
- 128 Note Polyphony - With 128 note polyphony, there are plenty of notes to play even the densest sequences from your DAW.
- USB Audio & MIDI Integration - Both MIDI and audio data can be transferred to and from a computer via USBâ?"without the need for a separate audio or MIDI interface. Playback VSTs from the audio output of the MX.
- DAW Remote - There are advanced integration templates so you can use the MX to control a variety of DAWs. A remote template editor on your computer lets you control any VST with the MX.
- Cubase AI included - The MX series comes with a complete suite of music production software tools including Steinberg Cubase AI Audio/MIDI DAW software and two Virtual Instruments- Steinbergâ??s Prologue and the Yamahaâ??s YC-3B Virtual Tone Wheel emulation.
- Portable Audio Player Input - You can record and play MIDI data, record digital audio data from this instrument directly, and monitor the DAW sound from the OUTPUT [L/MONO] jack/ [PHONES] jack.
- Lightweight - MX synthesizers have a compact design so they are easy to carry to the gig and also fit easily into todayâ??s compact home music production studios.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review