Yamaha MX61 61-Key Synthesizer
The Yamaha MX61 61-Key Synthesizer combines Motif XS sounds, USB Audio/MIDI connectivity and advanced DAW/VST controller features at a ground breaking level of affordability. Featuring lightweight design with a quality Yamaha keyboard, MX61 comes equipped with a complete suite of music production software.
The Yamaha MX61 61-Key Synthesizer features over 1000 sounds from the MOTIF series. Equipped with VCM effects, easy split /layer performance mode for instant inspiration, 16-part multi timbral and 128-note polyphony, the Yamaha MX61 offers extensive hands-on controls for VSTs and DAWs and bi-directional USB Audio/MID interfacing.
Over 1000 Sounds from the MOTIF Series
The Yamaha MX61 contains more than 1000 Voices derived directly from the world famous Yamaha MOTIF XS series. From realistic acoustic sounds like piano, electric piano, strings and drums to complex 8 element synth sounds, the Yamaha MX61 has all of your favorite Motif XS Voices right at your fingertips. The Yamaha MX61 even has a streamlined interface for instant hands-on selection of all those great Voices. The newly designed Category Selection makes it easier than ever to find the Voice you need. You can even edit and store your own sounds right on board.
The Yamaha MX61 Synthesizer comes equipped with VCM effects, which simulate vintage effectors at the circuit level. The sounds of the ‘70s are brought back to life, through simulating the hard-to-find vintage sounds of equalizer, flanger, phaser, and wah effects introduced by the keyboard legends of the era.
Easy Split /Layer Performance Mode for Instant Inspiration
Performance Mode on the Motifs has always been the place to find instant inspiration and the Yamaha MX61 is no different. You can easily combine two Voices to play on the keyboard using the dedicated Split and Layer buttons each with their own intelligent arpeggiator and a dedicated Part for a drum track to create evocative Performances that feel like a whole band is playing. The 128 Performances on the Yamaha MX61 are all user editable, but come programmed with the latest club friendly grooves.
16-Part Multi Timbral and 128-note Polyphony
Each Performance contains not only the three sounds described above, but all the settings for a complete 16-Part Multi setting for play. You can switch between any of the 16 Parts without the sound cutting off. With 128 notes of polyphony, there are plenty of notes to play even the densest sequences from your DAW. These features make the Yamaha MX61 the perfect tone generator solution for live performance and live playback of DAW MIDI tracks.
Bi-directional USB Audio/MIDI Interfacing
But the Yamaha MX61 doesn't just control software DAWs and VSTs. Just connect a USB cable to computer and you can monitor all the sounds from your computer via headphone output of the Yamaha MX61 or listen to your DAW tracks by connecting the Yamaha MX61 to external studio monitors or PA gear. The audio converters on the Yamaha MX61 are made for professional music applications so everything on your computer, even games, will sound better when using the Yamaha MX61 as the output. The Yamaha MX61 interface is bi-directional so you can record the internal sounds of Yamaha MX61 directly to your computer without ever going to the analog domain for the highest possible quality.
Extensive Hands-On Controls for VSTs and DAWs
The Yamaha MX61 also features solid knobs and durable buttons for controlling internal sounds, DAW parameters and VST instruments. The deceptively simple interface is combined with a remote template editor on your computer so any VST you own or any new VSTs you buy can be easily set up to be controlled by the Yamaha MX61. There are advanced integration templates for use with a variety of DAWs. When used with Cubase there is even an AI knob so any parameter can be controlled by the large rotary encoder just by mousing over it. It has never been quicker to take full control of Cubase.
A Complete Suite of Music Production Software
The Yamaha MX61 is the only hardware synth in its price range to come with a complete suite of music production software tools. The included Steinberg Cubase AI features 48 audio tracks and 64 MIDI tracks, notation, built-in VST effects, so with just the Yamaha MX61 and AI you can do complete productions. But we didn't stop there; it comes bundled with Steinberg Prologue and the Yamaha YC-3B organ emulator so you have some compelling VSTs to get started. Plus there are Remote Template editors for setting up controls of VSTs. Finally, Yamaha has worked with some third party developers to ensure that there will be fully functional cross platform editors available at release.
Complete Analog and Digital Connectivity
In addition to the USB audio/MIDI port, the Yamaha MX61 has a USB to Device port so you can connect USB devices for storing MX data to external memory and even playing back wave files directly from a USB stick. If you want to add a tablet or an MP3 player to your system just connect to the AUX input using a mini stereo cable and you are ready to go.
A Lightweight Design with a Quality Yamaha Keyboard
While almost all other keyboard controllers use inexpensive OEM keyboards, the Yamaha MX61 features an expertly crafted keyboard that only Yamaha -- the world's largest keyboard manufacturer -- could produce. Weighing only 3.8kg (MX49) or 4.8kg (MX61), either synthesizer can be carried easily with one hand. Yamaha MX61 synthesizer has a compact design so they are easy to carry to the gig and also fit easily into today’s compact home music production studios.
Yamaha MX61 61-Key Synthesizer Features
- Over 1000 sounds from the MOTIF series
- Equipped with VCM effects
- Easy Split /Layer Performance Mode for Instant Inspiration
- 16-Part Multi timbral and 128-note polyphony
- Extensive Hands-On controls for VSTs and DAWs
- Bi-directional USB Audio/MID interfacing
- A complete suite of music production software included
- A lightweight design with a quality Yamaha keyboard
- Complete analog and digital connectivity
Yamaha MX61 61-Key Synthesizer Specifications
- Width: 830 mm
- Height: 91 mm
- Depth: 2998 mm
- Weight: 3.8kg
- Control Interface:
- Number of Keys: 49
- Initial Touch: Yes
- Tone Generator:
- Tone Generator: AWM2
- Maximum Polyphony: 120 Notes
- Multi Timbral Capacity: 16 Parts (Internal)
- Wave: Approx.166 MB (When Converted to 16-Bit Linear Format)
- Voices: Preset: 1,106 Normal Voices + 61 Drum Kits, GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit, User: 128 Normal Voices + 8 Drum Kits
- Performance: User: 128 (16 Parts)
- Effects: Reverb x 9 Types (42 Presets), Chorus x 17 Types (88 Presets), Insertion Effect x 48 Types (267 Presets) x 4, Master EQ (5 Bands)
- Tempo (BPM): 5 – 300
- Songs: 27 Demo Songs
- Patterns: 208 Patterns
- Arpeggio: 999 Types
- Sequence Formats: SMF Format 0 (Playback Only)
- Sequence Software Compatible w/ Remote Control Function: For Windows®: Cubase 6 or Later, SONAR X1 Producer For Mac®: Cubase 6 or Later, Logic Pro 9, Digital Performer 7 (Functions to be Controlled Differ Depending on the Software)
- Controllers: Pitch Bend Wheel x 1, Modulation Wheel x 1, Assignable Knob x 4, [DATA] dial x 1
- Display: 3 Digit LED + 20 x 2 Line Character LCD (Backlit)
- Connectors: OUTPUT [L / MONO] / [R] (standard phone jack), [PHONE] (standard stereo phone jack), [FOOT CONTROLLER], [SUSTAIN], MIDI [IN] / [OUT], USB [TO HOST] / [TO DEVICE], [AUX IN], DC IN
- Power Supply: 9 W
Yamaha MX61 61-Key Synthesizer Includes
- 1 x Yamaha MX61 61-Key Synthesizer
- 1 x AC Adaptor (PA-150 or An Equivalent Recommended by Yamaha)
- 1 x Owner’s Manual
- 1 x Online Manual CD-ROM (Containing Reference Manual, Synthesizer Parameter Manual, and Data List)
- 1 x DVD-ROM (Containing DAW Software)
- 1 Year Warranty
Yamaha MX61 61-Key Synthesizer Downloads
- Yamaha MX61 61-Key Synthesizer Owners Manual (PDF)
- Yamaha MX61 61-Key Synthesizer Reference Manual (PDF)
- Yamaha MX61 61-Key Synthesizer Data List (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review