Tube-Tech SSA2B Tube Summing Amplifier
The Tube-Tech SSA2B Tube Summing Amplifier is capable of making your mixes sound wide, punchy, and transparent, with rock solid low end!
Sonically, the Tube-Tech SSA2B very easily outperforms the quality of any digital audio workstations, and even betters the performance of mixing amplifiers built into the most high-end analog consoles. For those of you that haven't yet experienced the difference between even the best ITB (In-the-Box) mix and the real thing: Do yourself a favor and listen to the SSA2B!
The Tube-Tech SSA2B sums your mix clearer, wider, and punchier than anything you've heard before. With a simple, but well organized setup based around the SSA2B, it's possible to raise your mixing to a level previously only possible from the biggest and most expensive studios. The Tube-Tech SSA2B will deliver the tightest low end on the planet. Users notice real low end improvement when using the SSA2B for summing.
The Tube-Tech SSA2B Tube Summing Amplifier features two very low noise / low distortion summing amplifiers with a very wide frequency response. The inputs are transformer balanced and the circuits are symmetrical from input to output. The inputs are capable of handling extremely high input levels. The Outputs are balanced and have fully floating transformers with a static screen. The power supply and the sidechain circuits are based on a solid-state circuit. With the exception of the output stage all DC voltages are stabilized.
Unused mono inputs must be switched to mono or terminated. If the SSA2B mono inputs are left open, the L R channel separation is less than specified (Narrow stereo image). It is important that the mono inputs are either A) Switched to stereo, B) Connected to outputs (even if not used), or C) Terminated by shorting plugs.
Tube-Tech SSA2B Tube Summing Amplifier Principle
All inputs are balanced by two zero field transformers (one for each channel). What is zero field transformer? In the zero field transformer configurations, the transformer is part of the feedback circuit. There are several benefits for this:
- The voltage across the transformer is reduced substantially whereby a much smaller transformer is needed for the same specification.
- The reduction is of the same magnitude as the feedback applied.
- The distortion at low frequencies is reduced substantially.
- Frequency response in both the low and high range is extended.
- Phase response in both the low and high range, is also reduced
Tube-Tech SSA2B Tube Summing Amplifier Features
- 10 stereo - 1 stereo output
- 2 first stereo inputs can be switched as 4 mono inputs
- 23-step gold plated output gain control
- Master Output Gain: -10 dB to +10 dB
- Fully symmetrical circuitry from input to output
- Zero field transformer balanced inputs.
- Maximum input > +30 dBu
- Low noise: < -85 dBu @ all inputs terminated
- Two large VU meters showing output level
- Frequency response 5 Hz â?" 100 kHz
- Distortion < 0.05 %
Tube-Tech SSA2B Tube Summing Amplifier Specifications
- Input: 50 kOhm
- Output: <60 Ohm
- Frequency response@ -3dB 5 Hz to 100 kHz
- Distortion THD+N @ 40Hz
- 0 dBU 0.05 %
- +10 dBU 0.05 %
- Max. output: +26 dBU <1 %
- Max. input: +30 dBU <1 %
- Noise Rg=200 Ohm
- 22 Hz-22 kHz: Input 1 Output Gain @0 dB < -90 dBU, Input 10 Output Gain @0 dB < -85 dB, Input 1 Output Gain @+10 dB < -80 dBU, Input 10 Output Gain @+10 dB < -75 dBU
- CCIR-468-4: Input 1 Output Gain @0 dB < -80 dBU, Input 10 Output Gain @0 dB < -75 dB, Input 1 Output Gain @+10 dB < -70 dBU, Input 10 Output Gain @+10 dB < -65 dBU
- CMMR @ 10 kHz: < - 60 dB
- 0.5 dB steps: +/- 0-3 dB
- 1 dB steps: +/- 3-6 dB
- 2 steps: +/- 6-10 dB
- Gain Tracking
- Between Channels: < 0.1 dB
- Cross talk @ 10kHz: < -70 dB
- ECC 82: 2 pc
- ECC 83: 2 pc
- ECC 88: 4 pc
- Height: 2 units, 88 mm 3.5"
- Width: 483 mm 19.0"
- Depth: 205 mm 8.1â?
- Net: 5.4 kg 11.8 lbs
- Shipping: 6.5 kg 14.3 lbs
- Power Requirements
- @ 115 V/230 V, 50-60 Hz: 40-55 W
Tube-Tech SSA2B Tube Summing Amplifier Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review