Tube-Tech CL1B Optical Tube Compressor
The Tube-Tech CL1B Optical Tube Compressor is equally suited for delicate vocal recordings as well as critical instrument recordings such as lead guitar and drum solos!
Throughout the years and many thousands of track recordings, the CL1B has proven its value by adding it's famous, clean musical compression without any negative sideeffects at all.
The Tube-Tech CL1B is an optical, all tube based compressor targeted at single-track studio recordings: It is equally suited for delicate vocal recordings as well as critical instrument recordings such as lead guitar, drum solos etc.
The Tube-Tech CL1B Optical Tube Compressor features a gain-reduction element, positioned immediately after the input transformer. It is controlled by the sidechain amplifier, which also contain the two time control circuits â?" one for fixed and one for variable Attack/Release. The two time-controllers can either be used separately or combined. This circuit contains semiconductor OP-amps for the entire control.
The gain-reduction element is followed by a tube-based push-pull amplifier with variable gain up to 30 dB. A dedicated Bus selector with three positions (Off, Bus 1, Bus 2) is used whenever you want to link several compressors together. Input and output transformers have a static-screen between the primary and secondary wirings. Both Input and Output are balanced as well as fully floating.
Tube-Tech CL1B Optical Tube Compressor Features
- Unique low distortion gain-reduction element
- All tube-based push-pull amplifier
- Multiple interconnection of several compressors via two busses
- VU-meter for monitoring input, compression and output
- Continuously variable attack and release time
- Gain Range (off to +30 dB)
- Variable Threshold (off to -40 dBu)
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 25 kHz
- Low noise: < -75 dBu @30 dB gain
- Clickless bypass switch
Tube-Tech CL1B Optical Tube Compressor Specifications
- Input: 600 Ohm
- Output: <60 Ohm
- Frequency response@ -3dB 5 Hz to 25 kHz
- Distortion THD+N @ 40Hz
- 0 dBU 0.15 %
- +10 dBU 0.15 %
- Max. output: +26 dBU <1 %
- Max. input: +21 dBU <1 %
- Noise Rg=200 Ohm
- 22 Hz-22 kHz: Output Gain @0 dB < -85 dBU, Output Gain @+30 dB < -75 dBU
- CCIR-468-4: Output Gain @+0 dB < -75 dBU, Output Gain @+30 dB < -65 dBU
- Cross talk @ 10 kHz: < - 60 dB
- CMMR @ 10 kHz: < - 60 dB
- Gain: off to +30 dB
- Ratio: 2:1 to 10:1
- Threshold: off to -40 dBU
- Attack: 0.5 ms to 300 ms
- Release: 50 ms to 10 s
- ECC 82: 1 pc
- ECC 83: 1 pc
- Height: 2 units, 132 mm 5.2"
- Width: 483 mm 19.0"
- Depth: 170 mm 6.7â?
- Net: 4.1 kg 9.0 lbs
- Shipping: 5.9 kg 13.0 lbs
- Power Requirements
- @ 115 V/230 V, 50-60 Hz: 22 W
Tube-Tech CL1B Optical Tube Compressor Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Excellent compressor for tracking vocal!! must own one.