Tube-Tech CL2A Optical Tube Compressor
The Tube-Tech CL2A Optical Tube Compressor is based on the famous CL1B compressor, but with a few tweaks that contribute to a more "round" character.
The Tube-Tech CL2A Optical Tube Compressor is a 2-channel all tube based compressor / limiter targeted at two-channel studio recordings.
The Tube-Tech CL2A Optical Tube Compressor features two independent optical compressors. The optical gain reduction element is placed after the input transformer and then followed by an all tube-based output amplifier with a +10 dB gain. A switch with three positions (Link 1, Off, Link 2) is used whenever you want to use the two separate compressors in stereo mode or link several compressors together. The two link busses are identical.
Both Input and Output are balanced and have fully floating transformers with a static screen. The power supply and the sidechain circuit is based on a solid state circuit. With the exception of the anode voltage for the output stage all DC voltages are stabilized
The Tube-Tech CL2A Optical Tube Compressor is based on the famous CL1B. Some differences exist between the two units.
The tube circuit is the basically same, with the only difference being that the input transformer and the tube amps in the CL2A delivers a more "normal" amount of gain compared to the CL1B
The control circuit has been changed so the CL2A's max release time is two seconds. The CL2A features a different optical element, with very similar action to the element in the CL1B.
The CL2A has a little more "round" character to the compression, compared to the CL1B, but has kept the very smooth action, the CL1B is famous for.
Tube-Tech CL2A Optical Tube Compressor Features
- Optical gain reduction element
- Linkable for stereo applications
- Dual VU-meters showing output or compression
- Variable attack and release with a 1,5:1 to 10:1
- Output Gain (off to +10 dB)
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Low noise: < -80 dBu @10 dB gain
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Gold plated switches
- Clickless bypass relay
Tube-Tech CL2A Optical Tube Compressor Specifications
- Input: 5 kOhm
- Output: <60 Ohm
- Frequency response@ -3dB 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Distortion THD+N @ 40Hz
- 0 dBU 0.15 %
- +10 dBU 0.15 %
- Max. output: +26 dBU <1 %
- Max. input: +21 dBU <1 %
- Noise Rg=200 Ohm
- 22 Hz-22 kHz: Output Gain @0 dB < -80 dBU, Output Gain @+10 dB < -80 dBU
- CCIR-468-4: Output Gain @+0 dB < -70 dBU, Output Gain @+10 dB < -70 dBU
- Cross talk @ 10 kHz: < - 60 dB
- CMMR @ 10 kHz: < - 60 dB
- Gain: off to +10 dB
- Ratio: 1.5:1 to 10:1
- Threshold: off to -20 dBU
- Attack: 3 ms to 60 ms
- Release: 60 ms to 2 s
- ECC 82: 2 pc
- ECC 83: 2 pc
- Height: 2 units, 88 mm 3.5"
- Width: 483 mm 19.0"
- Depth: 205 mm 8.1â?
- Net: 5.8 kg 12.8 lbs
- Shipping: 7.1 kg 15.6 lbs
- Power Requirements
- @ 115 V/230 V, 50-60 Hz: 30-45 W
Tube-Tech CL2A Optical Tube Compressor Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review