Tube-Tech SMC2B Tube Compressor
The Tube-Tech SMC2B Tube Compressor offers the possibility of combining sweet overall EQ with individual compression of the three bands. The SMC2B can do wonders for your mix, both on individual busses like drums or vocals, but especially on the main mix!
The Tube-Tech SMC2B Tube Compressor features variable crossover points to ensure precise control with all three bands of opto-compression. Independent band specific Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release & Gain parameters make the SMC2B as flexible as it is accurate.
The Tube-Tech SMC2B Tube Compressor features three independent optical stereo compressors. The signal is divided into three bands (Low, Mid & High) by 6 dB/octave x-over networks with variable frequencies: 60-1200 Hz for Low/Mid band and 1.2-6 kHz for the Mid/High band.
The design of the x-over networks optimizes the summing of all three bands, resulting in a flat frequency response (within +/-0.25 dB), when the gain controls for each band are set at the same level. The three compressors feature Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release and Gain and a display showing gain reduction. Master levels are set with Output Gain and Balance controls.
Both Input and Output are balanced and have fully floating transformers with a static screen. The power supply and the sidechain circuit is based on a solid state circuit. With the exception of the output stage all DC voltages are stabilized.
The Tube-Tech SMC2B Tube Compressor is an all tube-based compressor that brings the full music back in your mix! The possibility of combining sweet overall eq with individual compression of the three bands can make wonders for your mix, both on individual busses like drums, other instruments or vocals but especially on the main mix.
The Tube-Tech SMC2B Tube Compressor can also be used to solve/ remove annoying frequencies in basses, vocals, etc. It can even be set up as a de-esser. The SMC2B can be very effective when recording very dynamic vocalists without having to spend hours sorting problems after the recording.
Tube-Tech SMC2B Tube Compressor is one of the few audio processors, that is very hard to bypass, even after a short listening test, and it will stay inserted forever because of the color and dynamics it can add to your mixes.
These facts have made the SMC2B the favorite mixing/mastering compressor of many top mixers and mastering engineers around the world. Try it for your own mixing, and hear the magic no other compressor can deliver!
Tube-Tech SMC2B Tube Compressor Features
- The world's only "all tube based" multiband compressor design
- Three bands per channel with variable crossover frequencies between bands
- Stereo sidechain with variable Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release and Gain controls for all three bands
- Master Output Gain (off to +10 dB)
- Balance Control (+/-1,5 dB)
- LED display showing compression
- Freq. response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Low noise: < -60 dBu @10 dB gain
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Clickless bypass relay
Tube-Tech SMC2B Tube Compressor Specifications
- Input: 2 kOhm
- Output: <60 Ohm
- Frequency response@ -3dB 5 Hz to 50 kHz
- Distortion THD+N @ 40Hz
- 0 dBU 0.15 %
- +10 dBU 0.15 %
- Max. output: +26 dBU <1 %
- Max. input: +21 dBU <1 %
- Noise Rg=200 Ohm
- 22 Hz-22 kHz: Output Gain @0 dB < -75 dBU, Output Gain @+10 dB < -65 dBU
- CCIR-468-4: Output Gain @+0 dB < -65 dBU, Output Gain @+10 dB < -55 dBU
- Cross talk @ 10 kHz: < - 40 dB
- CMMR @ 10 kHz: < - 60 dB
- Master: Off to +10 dB
- Low-, Mid-, High band: Off to +10 dB
- Tracking between channels: <0.5 dB
- X-over frequencies
- Low & Mid band: x1 - 60 to 300 Hz, X4 - 0.24 to 1.2 kHz
- Mid & High band: x1 - 1.2 to 6 kHz
- X-over frequencies
- Low & Mid band
- 60,100,150,200,250,300 Hz
- 0.24, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8 1, 1,2 kHz
- Mid & High band: 1.2, 2, 3.2, 4, 6 kHz
- Low & Mid band
- Ratio: 1.5:1 to 10:1
- Threshold: off to -20 dBU
- Attack: 3 ms to 200 ms
- Release: 60 ms to 2 s
- ECC 81: 4 pc
- ECC 82: 2 pc
- ECC 83: 2 pc
- Height: 3 units, 132 mm 5.2"
- Width: 483 mm 19.0"
- Depth: 205 mm 8.1â?
- Net: 6.2 kg 12.7 lbs
- Shipping: 7.5 kg 16.5 lbs
- Power Requirements
- @ 115 V/230 V, 50-60 Hz: 35-50 W
Tube-Tech SMC2B Tube Compressor Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review