The Tube-Tech SMC2BM Mastering Compressor is the mastering version of the SMC2B compressor. The SMC2BM features switchable crossover points, ensuring precise control with all three bands of opto-compression!
The Tube-Tech SMC2BM Mastering Compressor is an all tube-based compressor that brings the entire music back in your mix! The SMC 2BM is one of the few audio processors that is very hard to bypass, even after a short listening test, and it will stay inserted forever because of the color and dynamics it can add to your mixes. These facts have made the SMC2BM the favorite mastering compressor of many top mastering engineers around the world!
Switchable crossover points ensure precise control with all three bands of opto-compression. Independent band specific Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release & Gain parameters make the SMC 2BM as flexible as it is accurate. Gain controls are fitted with 12 position gold plated switches with 1dB/step. Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release and Balance controls are fitted with potentiometers with 31 detents.
The Tube-Tech SMC2BM Mastering Compressor features three independent optical stereo compressors. The signal is divided into three bands (Low, Mid & High) by 6 dB/octave x-over networks with 12 selectable frequencies: 60 - 1200 Hz for Low/Mid band and 6 selectable frequencies: 1.2 - 6.0 kHz for the Mid/High band.
The design of the x-over networks optimizes the summing of all three bands, resulting in a flat frequency response (within +/-0.25 dB), when the gain controls for each band are set at the same level. The three compressors feature Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release and Gain and a display showing gain reduction. Master levels are set with Output Gain and Balance controls.
Both Input and Output are balanced and have fully floating transformers with a static screen. The power supply and the sidechain circuit is based on a solid state circuit. With the exception of the output stage all DC voltages are stabilized.
Tube-Tech SMC2BM Mastering Compressor Features
- The world's only "all tube based" multiband compressor design
- Three bands per channel with variable crossover frequencies between bands
- Stereo sidechain with variable Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release and Gain controls for all three bands
- Master Output Gain (off to +10 dB)
- Balance Control (+/-1,5 dB)
- LED display showing compression
- Freq. response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Low noise: < -60 dBu @10 dB gain
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Clickless bypass relay
Tube-Tech SMC2BM Mastering Compressor Specifications
- Input: 2 kOhm
- Output: <60 Ohm
- Frequency response@ -3dB 5 Hz to 50 kHz
- Distortion THD+N @ 40Hz
- 0 dBU 0.15 %
- +10 dBU 0.15 %
- Max. output: +26 dBU <1 %
- Max. input: +21 dBU <1 %
- Noise Rg=200 Ohm
- 22 Hz-22 kHz: Output Gain @0 dB < -75 dBU, Output Gain @+10 dB < -65 dBU
- CCIR-468-4: Output Gain @+0 dB < -65 dBU, Output Gain @+10 dB < -55 dBU
- Cross talk @ 10 kHz: < - 40 dB
- CMMR @ 10 kHz: < - 60 dB
- Gain (1 dB steps)
- Master: -1 to +10 dB
- Low-, Mid-, High band: -1 to +10 dB
- Tracking between channels: <0.1 dB
- X-over frequencies
- Low & Mid band: x1 - 60 to 300 Hz, X4 - 0.24 to 1.2 kHz
- Mid & High band: x1 - 1.2 to 6 kHz
- X-over frequencies
- Low & Mid band
- 60,100,150,200,250,300 Hz
- 0.24, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8 1, 1,2 kHz
- Mid & High band: 1.2, 2, 3.2, 4, 6 kHz
- Low & Mid band
- Ratio: 1.5:1 to 10:1
- Threshold: off to -20 dBU
- Attack: 3 ms to 200 ms
- Release: 60 ms to 2 s
- ECC 81: 4 pc
- ECC 82: 2 pc
- ECC 83: 2 pc
- Height: 3 units, 132 mm 5.2"
- Width: 483 mm 19.0"
- Depth: 205 mm 8.1â?
- Net: 6.2 kg 12.7 lbs
- Shipping: 7.5 kg 16.5 lbs
- Power Requirements
- @ 115 V/230 V, 50-60 Hz: 35-50 W
Tube-Tech SMC2BM Mastering Compressor Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I had this for years in my studio and ended up selling because I bought a house. I should have just kept this and lived in the studio. This sounds gorgeous, silky, smooth... It's beuatiful. A sheen on the top end and control of the lows but also maintaning that deeeeep low. The amount of control it has, but also a life on its own. I miss it dearly. I'll be getting it again.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review