The Triton Audio FetHead Filter In-Line Preamp is a in-line microphone preamp with built-in 6dB/octave high pass filter with a corner frequency of 220Hz.
It is specially designed for microphones which exhibit an excessive proximity effect / low frequency response, like long motor ribbon microphones. The components which make up the filter are not directly in the signal path but are applied to the components which set the gain of FetHead Filters amplifier, thus making it frequency dependant. This way the sonic character which makes a FetHead attractive to the ear is preserved.
Protects the microphone
Some ribbon microphones do not tolerate phantom power. FetHead's circuit uses 48v phantom power but shields it from the microphone, so the microphone is protected.
Triton Audio FetHead Filter In-Line Preamp Features
- In-line Microphone preamp with built-in high-pass filter
- Low-Noise Class-A JFet Amplifier
- For Ribbon & Dynamic Microphones
- 27dB of clean amplification
- Protects the microphone
- Shielded rugged enclosure
- 24 to 48V Phantom Power
- Balanced Input and Output
Triton Audio FetHead Filter In-Line Preamp Specifications
- 6dB Oktave high-pass filter
- Lots of headroom
- 24-48 v phantom power
- Low noise Class A JFet amplifier
- 27db amplification
- double single ended amplifier topology
- Balanced output
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review