The Heritage Audio HA73X2 Preamp is a dual channel microphone preamp made to the same specifications as the acclaimed historic versions. Heritage Audio offers zero compromise, high quality yet at a very affordable price.
Key components to obtain a true vintage sound are indeed maintained, like the industry standard Carnhill transformers, hand wound in St Ives, England.Further, the Heritage Audio HA73X2 Preamp includes the same exact great sounding JFET DI circuit found in the ´73JR and a fully discrete class A high pass filter.
With 80 dB of available gain and dedicated mic, line, and instrument inputs; the HA73X2 Elite has everything you need to bring microphones and instruments to life with vintage vibe and thickness.
The Heritage Audio HA73X2 Preamp features gain, output trim, -20db pad, polarity reverse, a high pass filter, and +48v phantom power. It comes housed in a rugged 1RU British steel chassis and utilizes an external power supply for low noise operation. The HA73 features Carnhill input and output transformers, high quality pots and switches, and best of all is 100% made by Heritage Audio.
Heritage Audio HA73X2 Preamp Features
- Made to the same specifications as the acclaimed ´73JR and DMA73 models.
- Industry standard Carnhill transformers hand wound in St Ives, England.
- 80dB, 3 stage fully discrete class A mic preamp.
- Line input on separate XLR for adding fat and warmth to prerecorded tracks.
- 20dB PAD on the mic input to avoid overloading the input transformer when desired.
- LOZ, switches the input impedance of the mic transformer from 200 to 50 ohm.
- 80 Hz hi pass filter. Fully discrete class A.
- Ultra high impedance, JFET based D.I.
- 1 Rack unit format.
- External universal power supply for worldwide use.
Heritage Audio HA73X2 Preamp Specifications
- Microphone input impedance: HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm minimum. Higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for low gain ribbon mics. Input is transformer balanced and floating.
- Line input impedance: 10KOhms bridging, transformer balanced and floating.
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 Ohms.
- Maximum output: Greater than +26.5dBu into 600 Ohms (internally terminated)
- THD: Less than 0.025% at 1Khz, Less than 0.05% at 100Hz.
- Frequency response: 20Hz (+0.3dB) to 20Khz (-0.2dB).
- Maximum Gain: Slightly greater than 80dB.
- Equivalent Input Noise: Less than -125dBu.
- Output stage noise: Less than -100dBu.
- Power consumption: Less than 260 mA @48VDC.