Heritage Audio HA73 Preamp
The Heritage Audio HA73 Preamp is based on the most iconic vintage console preamp in history, the 1073. Leveraging time-consuming hand soldered series, Heritage Audio is able to offer a zero compromise, high quality yet at a very affordable price.
Key components to obtain a true vintage sound are indeed maintained, like the industry standard Carnhill transformers, hand wound in St Ives, England.
The rack mountable Heritage Audio HA73 Preamp presents the classic sounding recording preamp that, for generations, has been regarded for its rich, musical qualities and its ability to dramatically improve the sound of almost any source. Further, it includes the same exact great sounding JFET DI circuit found in the ´73JR and a fully discrete class A high pass filter.
With 80 dB of available gain and dedicated mic, line, and instrument inputs; the HA73 Elite has everything you need to bring microphones and instruments to life with vintage vibe and thickness.
The HA73 Elite features gain, output trim, -20db pad, polarity reverse, a high pass filter, and +48v phantom power. It comes housed in a rugged 1RU British steel chassis and utilizes an external power supply for low noise operation. The HA73 features Carnhill input and output transformers, high quality pots and switches, and best of all is 100% made by Heritage Audio.
Heritage Audio HA73 Preamp Features
- Fully discrete, 3-stage Class A mic preamp with 80dB of gain
- Industry standard Carnhill transformers hand-wound in St Ives, England
- Separate input and output gain controls let you drive the input for saturation without overloading the output
- Line input on separate XLR for adding warmth and girth to prerecorded tracks
- 20dB PAD on the mic input to avoid overloading the input transformer when desired
- LOZ switches the input impedance of the mic transformer from 1200 to 300 ohms
- 80Hz highpass filter; +48V phantom power; polarity reverse
- Ultra-high-impedance JFET-based DI input
- Rugged 19" 1RU format chassis
- External universal power supply for worldwide use
Heritage Audio HA73 Preamp Specifications
- Microphone input impedance: HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm minimum. Higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for low gain ribbon mics. Input is transformer balanced and floating.
- Line input impedance: 10KOhms bridging, transformer balanced and floating.
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 Ohms.
- Maximum output: Greater than +26.5dBu into 600 Ohms (internally terminated)
- THD: Less than 0.025% at 1Khz, Less than 0.05% at 100Hz. Frequency response :20Hz (+0.3dB) to 20Khz (-0.2dB).
- Maximum Gain: Slightly greater than 80dB.
- Equivalent Input Noise: Less than -125dBu.
- Output stage noise: Less than -100dBu.
- Power consumption: Less than 95 mA @48VDC.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review