The Heritage Audio HA73EQ Preamp & EQ offers the classic British recording channel which has been regarded for its rich, musical qualities and its ability to dramatically improve the sound of almost any source. The HA73EQ is in it's exact historic form with zero compromise yet at a very affordable price.
Key components to obtain a true vintage sound are indeed maintained, like the industry standard Carnhill transformers, hand wound in St Ives, England.
The Heritage Audio HA73EQ equalizer will present the correct equalization curves without high quality capacitors and, most importantly, correct Vinkor type pot core inductors. More than often this type of products have these expensive inductors replaced with generic ferrite core ones or, even worst, the mid band dual inductor replaced with a single one. Never in Heritage Audio products!!, as the impact of replacing these to the eq curves is dramatic, leading to incorrect curve´s shapes and high frequency phase distortion which in no way honor the design.
The Heritage Audio HA73EQ employs WIMA 5% capacitors in the EQ section as well as 3 correct vintage type Vinkor pot core inductors so the eq curves are virtually undistinguishable from the handmade equalizers in the HA line. Customers can expect the same sonic quality and feel they have come to appreciate from Heritage Audio.
The Heritage Audio HA73EQ preamp section features gain, output trim, -20db pad, polarity reverse, a high pass filter, and +48v phantom power. The HA73EQ's EQ section features a high shelving EQ, midrange EQ, low shelving EQ, a variable high pass filter, and EQ Bypass,. The HA73EQ comes housed in a rugged 1RU British steel and aluminum chassis and utilizes an external power supply for low noise operation.
Heritage Audio HA73EQ Preamp & EQ Features
- Made to the same specifications as the acclaimed ´73JR, ´73EQJR and DMA73 models.
- Industry standard Carnhill transformers hand wound in St Ives, England.
- 80dB, 3 stage fully discrete class A mic preamp.
- Line input on separate XLR for adding fat and warmth to prerecorded tracks.
- 20dB PAD on the mic input to avoid overloading the input transformer when desired.
- LOZ, switches the input impedance of the mic transformer from 200 to 50 ohm.
- Ultra high impedance, JFET based D.I.
- Fully discrete 3 band classic equalizer with vintage correct inductors.
- Hi shelf at 12Khz.
- Mid band selectable between 6 different frequencies and OFF.
- Lo shelf selectable between 4 different frequencies and OFF
- Inductor based High Pass filter, frequency selectable between 4 different frequencies and OFF.
- 1 Rack unit format.
- External universal power supply for worldwide use.
Heritage Audio HA73EQ Preamp & EQ Specifications
- Microphone input impedance: HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm minimum. Higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for low gain ribbon mics. Input is transformer balanced and floating.
- Line input impedance: 10KOhms bridging, transformer balanced and floating.
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 Ohms.
- Maximum output: Greater than +26.5dBu into 600 Ohms (internally terminated)
- THD: Less than 0.025% at 1Khz, Less than 0.05% at 100Hz.
- Frequency response: 20Hz (+0.3dB) to 20Khz (-0.2dB).EQ Off. For EQ ON frequency response please check the features section.
- Maximum Gain: Slightly greater than 80dB.
- Equivalent Input Noise: Less than -125dBu.
- Output stage noise: Less than -100dBu.
- Power consumption: Less than 95 mA @48VDC.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review