Summit Audio TD-100 Instrument Preamp
The Summit Audio TD-100 Instrument Preamp is a single channel direct box and instrument preamp featuring a hybrid signal path utilizing a solid state output device and a vacuum tube. The Continuously variable input impedance, polarity switching, and a headphone output make the TD-100 a great sounding tool for the studio or the stage.
The Summit Audio TD-100 Instrument Preamp features a unique combination of solid state and vacuum tube technology that gives the Summit Audio TD-100 the benefits of both worlds: the high reliability and long life of solid state and the warm overtones associated with vacuum tubes.
Studio and Stage
Maintain control of your sound in the most demanding audio environments. Get world class sound in the studio and on the road with the time-tested quality and rugged design of Summit gear.
24dB of Gain
Plenty of gain for boosting low output instruments and to drive different levels in a rig for tonal variety, with the stepped pot making it easy for you to instantly recall your ideal settings.
Watch your tone, now...
One of the coolest features of the Summit Audio TD100 is its variable input impedance control, which lets you perfectly match it (or intentionally mismatch it!) to a wide variety of instruments and pickups, giving you the flexibility to actually change the sound of your instruments!
Really Well Built
The Summit Audio design philosophy considers the entire package when it comes to crafting gear. The Summit Audio pays special attention to the details of construction and have included many refinements over the years so units are durable enough to handle the rigors of the road. That is one of the reasons why you will find Summit gear on tour with many of todays top touring acts around the world.
Hand-crafted in the USA
Each piece of Summit gear is meticulously crafted by hand in Summit Audio shop using only the best quality components and attention to detail. Quality components and engineering know-how are the critical element to the sound and longevity of audio gear.
Summit Audio TD-100 Instrument Preamp Features
- Ease of Operation
- Headphone Output
- Variable Input Impedance
- Direct Output for easy parallel connections
- Balanced Outputs
- Hand Crafted in the U.S.A.
Summit Audio TD-100 Instrument Preamp Specifications
- Operating Measurements:
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-100kHz -1dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 140dB
- THD + Noise: 0.14%, +5dB in, unity gain
- Vacuum Tubes: Single 12AX7A
- Max Input Level:
- Max Input Level: +23dBu
- Max Output Level: TRS: +21dBu, XLR: +2dBu
- Max Gain: 24dBu
- Impedance Data:
- Input Impedance: 10K-2M ohms
- Output Impedance: (XLR) 2K ohms, (TRS) 600 ohms
- Instrument Input: 1/4" Jack
- Direct Instrument Output: 1/4" -10 dB balanced
- Outputs: +4 dB male XLR and 1/4" -10 dB balanced
- Stereo Link: 1/4" mono Jack
- Headphone Output: 1/4" stereo jack (600 ohms)
- Power Configuration:
- Internal AC Supply: 20 watts, 115, 50 or 60 Hz (USA model)
- Fuse Size: .5 amp, slo-blo for 100/115 V
- Fuse Size: .25 amp, slo-blo at 230 V
- Size & Weight:
- Height: 1.75 inches (4.44 cm)
- Width: 8.5 inches (21.59 cm)
- Depth: 8.5 inches (21.59 cm)
- Weight: 5 pounds (2.27 kg)
Summit Audio TD-100 Instrument Preamp Includes
- TD-100 Instrument Preamp Unit
- Operation Manual
- 3 Year Warranty
Summit Audio TD-100 Instrument Preamp Downloads
What We Think
"The Summit Audio TD-100 is a perennial favorite instrument amplifier and direct injection box for the stage and studio. There is a clean and dimensional depth to the sound of this unit making it one of the more loved units amongst those who've used it. The adjustable input impedance really allows you to dial in on your instrument's interaction with the input stage thus custom tailoring the overall sound. PLUS, for the traveling musician, the unit features a headphone output making it perfect for practicing in the hotel room, green room, or wherever before or after your show. The TD-100 is an excellent choice for great tone AND versatility."
Front End Audio
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review