Buzz Audio ELIXIR Preamp
The Buzz Audio ELIXIR Preamp is a Class A preamp that offers exciting and vibrant tones in the 500 Series format.
The Buzz Audio ELIXIR Preamp is an ideal compliment to other 500 series preamps that feature a dark or middly sound. The wide frequency response and fast transient response plus color from the output transformer generate a "warm sweet liquid" sound quality that sets it apart from that crowd. These attributes make the Elixir particulary good at recording percussion, drums (you need to hear it on snare), vocals and stringed instruments. All discrete signal path using our True Class A BE40 amplifiers at the input and BE50 high current line drivers to excite the Lundahl LL1517 output transformer. The topology is quite different to most other mic preamps in that it is balanced from input to output. The instrument input features our BE43 "bootstrapped FET" high impedance interface that really pumps as a bass DI.
Buzz Audio ELIXIR Preamp Features
- GAIN - 41 detented pot that sets gain between +22 to +70dB.
- PHASE - normal or reverse polarity switched at the input.
- -20dB - this switch introduces a 20dB pad right at the mic input for high level signals.
- HI Z - selects high or low input impedance and this affect both the mic and DI input.
- +48V - switches on the phantom power for condensor microphones and powered DI boxes.
- METER - four leds give visual indication of peak output level
Buzz Audio ELIXIR Preamp Specifications
- Min Gain Mic; +22dB (-2dB with pad in)
- Max Gain Mic; +70dB
- Min Gain Instrument; +12dB (-3dB with pad in)
- Max Gain Instrument; +60dB
- Maximum Output Level; +34dBu into 3k ohm load
- Frequency Response; Mic 10Hz to 300kHz @ 20dB gain (-3dB)
- Frequency Response; Instrument 10Hz to 120kHz @ 20dB gain (-3dB)
- Slew Rate; 30V/uS @ +20dBu output level
- Harmonic Distortion measured at -20dBu input level, gain adjusted for +10dBu output level
- Mic; 0.15% @ 100Hz, 0.01% @ 1kHz, 0.005% @ 10kHz
- Instrument; 0.15% @ 100Hz, 0.015% @ 1kHz, 0.015% @10kHz
- EIN Mic; -132.5dB A wtg, 150ohm source Z
- Signal to Noise Ratio Mic; -73dB A wtg, input shorted
- Signal to Noise Ratio Instrument; -76dB A wtg, input shorted
- CMNR Mic; -78dB @ 100Hz, -100dB @ 1kHz, -100dB @ 10kHz
- Input Impedance Mic; 4k ohms/1k2 ohms switchable
- Input Impedance Instrument; 1MEG ohms/20k ohms switchable
- Size; (37Wx132H). Fits 1 space in API 500 series rack format
- Power requirements; 150mA +/- 15-18 volts DC, as supplied by frame power supply
Buzz Audio ELIXIR Preamp Includes
- ELIXIR Preamp
- 1 Year Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review