The Summit Audio TPA-200B Tube Preamp is a dual channel preamplifier that uses vacuum tube and solid state technologies to produce the warm sound associated with tubes with the reliability provided by solid state devices. Designed to add richness and depth to your digital recordings, the TPA-200B works in a number of different applications with the different types of inputs.
The Summit Audio TPA-200B Tube Preamp incorporates a microphone input, line level input, and a front panel Hi-Z input. Input connections are made by using three pin balanced XLR jacks, balanced TRS ¼ jacks, and the front panel unbalanced ¼ jack.
Tracking and Mixing
The Summit Audio TPA-200B is an incredibly easy to use dual channel preamplifier marrying a classic tube and transformer front end design with a more modern solid state output stage, resulting in ultra clean gain that really lets the warmth and rich harmonic detail of the tube come through.
Huge Range of Tone
The Summit Audio TPA-200B allows you to set gain clean and pristine or layer tube input saturation all the way to thick harmonic distortion with all sorts of variations in between. This is the swiss army knife of mic pres!
It's So Easy...
Each of the two channels has its own set of knobs that control input gain and output gain. For cleaner applications, set the input gain lower and the output gain at maximum. For more harmonics and tube distortion, simply increase the input gain while decreasing the output gain to balance the overall signal level.
Hand-crafted in the USA
Each piece of Summit gear is meticulously crafted by hand in Summit Audio's shop using only the best quality components and attention to detail. Quality components and engineering know-how are the critical element to the sound and longevity of audio gear.
Summit Audio TPA-200B Tube Preamp Features
- Designed to offer an easy operation
- Controllable sound, continuously variable from clean to overdrive
- Jensen input transformers
- Line level balanced input
- Mic level balanced input
- Phantom power
- Front panel Hi-Z input
- 990 balanced output stage
- Overload and overdrive indicators
- Polarity reversal
- -15dB and 25dB pads
- Hand crafted in the USA
Summit Audio TPA-200B Tube Preamp Specifications
- Operating Measurements:
- Equivalent Input Noise: -135dB average 10Hz-20kHz:
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-50kHz -1dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 115dB average 10Hz-20kHz
- THD+ Noise: 0.055% -32dB in +4dB out, 1kHz
- Vacuum Tubes: three 12AX7A
- Max Input Level:
- Mic: -16dBu
- Line: 22dBu
- Hi-Z: 15dBu
- Max Output Level (XLR): 25dBu
- Max Gain: 75dBv
- Input Impedance:
- Mic: 1.5kO
- Hi-Z: 47kO
- Output Impedance (XLR): 120O
- Mic Input: +4 dB female XLR (2)
- Line Input: -10 dB 1/4" (2)
- Outputs: +4 dB male XLR (2)
- Power Configuration:
- Internal AC Supply
- 35 watts, 115 or 230 volts, 50 or 60 Hz (Rear Switchable)
- Fuse: 0.5 Amp for 115VAC and 100VSC, 0.25 AMP for 230 VAC
- Size and Weight:
- Height: 3.5 inches (8.89 cm)
- Width: 19 inches (48.26 cm)
- Depth: 10 inches (25.40 cm)
- Weight: 17 pounds (9.45 kg)
Summit Audio TPA-200B Tube Preamp Includes
- TPA-200B Tube Preamp Unit
- Operation Manual
- 3 Year Warranty
Summit Audio TPA-200B Tube Preamp Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review