Sontronics Saturn Microphone
The Sontronics Saturn Microphone is a hugely versatile, incredible sounding condenser microphone with five polar patterns.
Developed with the help of top producers and musicians, including the legendary Flood and Alan Moulder, Sontronics Saturn has been designed to give perfectly detailed, refined results, no matter what source you put it in front of.
The Saturn began life as a simple vocal microphone, but during early tests with producer Flood (U2, Nine Inch Nails, The Foals, Editors) who was trying out the mic with everything around the studio, it became clear that Saturn had the potential to outperform many other mics on plenty more sources. The final incarnation of Saturn that you see today has five polar patterns – the regular omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-of-eight plus the extra subcardioid and hypercardioid – plus variable attenuation (0, -10dB, -20dB) and filter (linear, 75Hz, 125Hz) controls for total flexibility.
The retro-styled Saturn, whose design was inspired by classic vocal mics of the 1940s and ’50s, really does set a new standard in high-grade audio reproduction and flexible microphone performance. It captures all sources accurately and sympathetically, and its realistic, natural results will sit almost invisibly in any mix (digital or analogue), allowing you to be creative in the mix or leave it real. The only limit to Saturn is your imagination!
The Sontronics Saturn comes with our unique shockmount, designed to isolate the mic from any noise or vibrations that might be transmitted through the mcirophone stand. The mic is supplied with its shockmount in a sturdy aluminium flightcase.
Sontronics Saturn Microphone Features
- five-pattern condenser microphone
- road-tested by producers Flood and Alan Moulder
- 3-stage pad and filter controls
- unusually warm valve-like sound
- detailed, natural results that sit perfectly in the mix
Sontronics Saturn Microphone Specifications
- Polar patterns: Omnidirectional, subcardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-of-eight
- Filter: Linear, 75Hz, 125Hz
- Pad: 0, -10dB, -20dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa -32dB ±1dB
- (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: ≤200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 14dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1kHz): 130dB
- Power: Phantom power 48V required
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Weight: 673g (1176g with shockmount)
- Dimensions: 164 x 50 x 32mm
- Comes with: shockmount, flightcase
Sontronics Saturn Microphone Includes
- Saturn Microphone
- Lifetime Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review