Sontronics DM-1B Kick Drum Microphone
The Sontronics DM-1B Kick Drum Microphone is a large-diaphragm, end-fire condenser microphone that has been designed specifically to capture and reproduce the various characteristics of a kick drum: the beater click, the heavy thump, the boomy decay and so on.
The Sontronics DM-1B Kick Drum Microphone is a British-designed large-diaphragm condenser microphone represents three years of research, design and development alongside top producers and drummers, and has become among the best-seller microphones for drum recording, both live and in the studio. The Sontronics DM-1B features a fixed cardioid pattern, created specifically for use with kick drum and bass instruments. With high sensitivity, low self-noise, -15dB attenuation pad and ability to handle up to 155dB SPL, the DM-1B delivers outstanding results on kick drum and also sounds fantastic on bass guitar cabinets.
The Sontronics DM-1B's incredible power handling will capture all the attack, resonance and energy from your kick drum and other bass instruments like nothing you've ever heard before! Because of the way the Sontronics DM-1B captures sound, it will also give brilliant results on any other instruments with low-frequency bias, from trombone and tuba to tenor or baritone saxophone, double bass and organ. Users also tell us that it sounds great on deep male vocals as well as rap and beatboxing.
The Sontronics DM-1B is designed with its fixed cardioid capsule facing out of the top end of the microphone (end-fire style) and can be positioned either to the front head of the drum or even pushed towards or slightly inside the soundhole of the kick drum.
If you're recording drum or bass instruments of any kind, the Sontronics DM-1B is a definite must-have for studio or live recording!
Sontronics DM-1B Kick Drum Microphone Applications
- Kick drum & orchestral bass drum
- Bass guitar cabinets
- Low brass (tuba, trombone)
- Bass clarinet, tenor/baritone sax
- Male vocals & rap/MCing
Sontronics DM-1B Kick Drum Microphone Features
- End-fire cardioid condenser
- Designed specifically for kick drum
- Fantastic on bass guitar cabs and other bass instruments
- Features high sensitivity, low self-noise, and -15dB attenuation
- Ability to handle up to 155dB SPL
- Road-tested by Flood, Alan Moulder, and Mark Rankin
Sontronics DM-1B Kick Drum Microphone Specifications
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Pad: 0dB, -15dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 6mV/Pa -45dB ±2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: =200 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14dB (A-Weighted)
- Max. SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1,000Hz): 155dB (with -15dB pad switched in)
- Power: Phantom Power 48V Required
- Connector: 3-Pin XLR
- Weight: 829g
- Dimensions: 144mm x 72mm x 72mm
Sontronics DM-1B Kick Drum Microphone Includes
- Sontronics DM-1B Kick Drum Microphone
- Adjustable Yoke Mount
- Aluminium Flightcase
- Lifetime Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review