The Sontronics STC-3X Microphone is an all-in-one 3-pattern microphone and accessories package, together representing the ideal solution for achieving professional-quality recordings at home or in the studio.
The Sontronics STC-3X Microphone combines a multi-pattern large diaphragm condenser featuring the three most commonly used polar patterns – cardioid, omnidirectional and figure-of-eight, and accessories to make it a versatile, flexible workhorse in any recording situation. The three most commonly used polar patterns – cardioid, omnidirectional and figure-of-eight are selectable using a simple switch on the rear of the Sontronics STC-3X Mic.
The Sontronics STC-3X boasts a dual one-inch, gold-sputtered diaphragm housed in a large, open grille and its filter and pad controls. In fact, thanks to its three-stage pad and three-stage filter as well as its three polar patterns and bundled accessories, the Sontronics STC-3X is a best-seller into education. The Sontronics STC-3X gives stunning results on everything from male and female vocals to acoustic guitar, piano, percussion, saxophone and other acoustic instruments. It also works extremely well on spoken word, making this a great set-up-and-go option for voice-over, broadcast and podcast. All you need is an interface and some headphones!
Users tell us that the Sontronics STC-3X gives impressive results on amplified sources such as guitar amps, bass cabs and re-amping monitor outputs, while in omni mode, the Sontronics STC-3X is fantastic for room and overhead miking as well as ensemble recording (backing vocals, choral, instrumental, orchestral or rock band!). In figure-of-eight mode, the Sontronics STC-3X is perfect for stringed instruments, for face-to-face singing or rapping, or cross-table interview, as well as for X-Y or mid-side stereo miking applications.
Whatever you do with your Sontronics STC-3X Pack, it'll make you feel and sound like a professional without breaking the bank!
Sontronics STC-3X Microphone Applications
- Male & female vocals
- Broadcast & voiceover
- Acoustic guitar
- Guitar amps (use with care!)
- Solo strings, woodwind & brass
- Vocal and instrumental ensemble
- Solo percussion & drumkit
- Room & overhead miking
Sontronics STC-3X Microphone Features
- Large-diaphragm condenser mic
- 3 Polar patterns: omni, cardioid, figure-of-eight
- 3-Stage pad and 3-stage filter
- Clear mids and highs, solid low end
- Smooth rolloff in high frequencies
- Extremely versatile
Sontronics STC-3X Microphone Specifications
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-of-Eight
- Filter: 3-Stage (Linear, 75Hz, 150Hz)
- Pad: 3-Stage (0dB, -10dB, -20dB)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 16mV/Pa -35dB ±2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: =200 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise Level: 18dB (A-Weighted)
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1kHz): 120dB
- Power: Phantom Power 48V Required
- Connector: 3-Pin XLR (Cable Included)
- Dimensions: 194mm x 53mm x 53mm
- Weight: 640g (841g with Shockmount)
Sontronics STC-3X Microphone Includes
- Sontronics STC-3X Microphone
- Spider-Style Shockmount (with 2 Spare Elastics)
- Pro-Quality Nylon-Mesh Pop Shield
- Female-to-Male XLR Cable (5-Meter)
- Vinyl Leather-Look Zip-Up Microphone Pouch
- Lifetime Warranty