Shure 545SD-LC Instrument Microphone
Shure 545SD-LC Classic Unidyne Instrument Microphone
Shure 545SD-LC Classic Unidyne Instrument Microphone Details
The Shure 545SD-LC Classic Unidyne Instrument Microphone is a dual-impedance, unidirectional, dynamic microphone, and is the predecessor to the much more well known SM57.
Shipped connected for low-impedance (mic level output) operation, the 545SD features a silent magnetic reed on/off switch with lock-on option. A favorite for instrument pickup and recording, the 545SD can also be used on lecterns in public address systems.
Shure 545SD-LC Classic Unidyne Instrument Microphone Features
- Exceptionally uniform cardioid pattern minimizes feedback
- Selectable dual-impedance operation
- Silent magnetic reed on/off switch with lock option
Shure 545SD-LC Classic Unidyne Instrument Microphone Specifications
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional)--uniform with frequency, symmetrical about axis
- Dual. Microphone rating impedance is 150 ohms (250 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated at 19 to 300 ohms and "High" for connection to high-impedance microphone inputs. Wired for low impedance as supplied.
- Output Level
- LOW @ 1,000 Hz: Open Circuit Voltage* -58.0 dB (1.3 mV);
- HIGH @ 1,000 Hz: Open Circuit Voltage* -35.0 dB (17.6 mV)
- *0 dB = 1 volt per Pascal (1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
What We Think
"The Shure 545SD-LC offers a little smoother, more mid-forward alternative to the Shure SM57. Want a little less bite and more darkness for a more classic character? The Shure 545SD-LC is your guy. Still, just as durable. However, the switch is standard. But it has a 'lock-on' function. Still, you may want to secure that switch with a little gaffers tape - especially if someone's going to sling it around Daltrey-style. It's worth grabbing a pair of these to give yourself some 'eq at the source' options. You can't go wrong."
Front End Audio
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a sweet mic that ______________________________ oh sorry I had it switched off for a sec. Get one for your locker.