Shure 545SD-LC Dynamic Microphone
The Shure 545SD-LC Dynamic Microphone is a Classic Unidyne Instrument Microphone featuring selectable dual-impedance operation and a silent on/off switch with lock-on option. It is a favorite for instrument pickup and recording, and can be used on lecterns for public address systems.
The Shure 545SD-LC Dynamic Microphone is a dual-impedance, unidirectional, dynamic microphone, and is the predecessor to the much more well known SM57. Shipped connected for low-impedance (mic level output) operation, the Shure 545SD-LC features a silent magnetic reed on/off switch with lock-on option. A favorite for instrument pickup and recording, the Shure 545SD-LC can also be used in political conventions and legislatures, convention halls, hotels, public auditoriums, stadiums, schools, and churches.
Shure 545SD-LC Dynamic Microphone Features
- Exceptionally uniform cardioid pattern minimizes feedback in PA applications
- Selectable dual-impedance operation
- Silent magnetic reed on/off switch with lock option
- Cardioid dynamic
- Frequency response is 50 to 15,000 Hz
Shure 545SD-LC Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (Unidirectional)
- Impedance: 250 Ohms
- Output Level (Open Circuit Voltage, at 1kHz):
- Low: -58.0 dB (1.3 mV)
- High: -35.0 dB (17.6 mV)
- Polarity: Positive Pressure on Diaphragm Produces Positive Voltage on Pin 2 with Respect to Pin 3
- Switch: Built-in Magnetic Reed On/Off Switch with Lockplate
- Cartridge Shock Mount: Internal Rubber Vibration Isolator
- Swivel Adapter: Positive Action, Adjustable through 90° from Vertical to Horizontal
- Housing: Chrome-plated Die Casting with ARMO-DUR Grille & Stainless Steel Screen
- Net Weight (without Cable): 255 g (9oz.)
Shure 545SD-LC Dynamic Microphone Includes
- 1 x Shure 545SD-LC Dynamic Microphone
- 1 x Shure A25D Microphone Clip
- 2 Year Warranty
Shure 545SD-LC Dynamic Microphone Downloads
What We Think
"The Shure 545SD-LC offers a little smoother, more mid-forward alternative to the Shure SM57. Want a little less bite and more darkness for a more classic character? The Shure 545SD-LC is your guy. Still, just as durable. However, the switch is standard. But it has a 'lock-on' function. Still, you may want to secure that switch with a little gaffers tape - especially if someone's going to sling it around Daltrey-style. It's worth grabbing a pair of these to give yourself some 'eq at the source' options. You can't go wrong."
Front End Audio
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
excellent mic the on/off is a great design addition
I like this more than the SM57. It's a little smoother and a little darker, and it has the impedance switch that helps with different preamps. One of my favorite vocal and guitar cab mics .
This is a sweet mic that ______________________________ oh sorry I had it switched off for a sec. Get one for your locker.