Shure KSM8 Dynamic Microphone
The Shure KSM8 Dynamic Microphone is a dual-diaphragm dynamic microphone crafted for vocal reproduction and sound-reinforcement in live performances and top-tier professional venues.
The KSM8 Dualdyne features a patented cartridge design With two ultra-thin diaphragms and groundbreaking reverse airflow technology, the KSM8 Dualdyne delivers unmatched control of proximity effect, presence peaks, and bleed and requires minimal EQ and processing.
Here are a few more of the technological advancements that make the KSM8 Dualdyne a game-changer in live sound:
- Unmatched control of proximity effect, means a huge sweet spot
- Accurate, flate frequency response, greatly minimizes the need for EQ and processing
- Truest Cardioid polar pattern available, controls bleed for a more natural sound
77 Years in the making
Based on the lineage of the Unidyne Cartridge Technology
How it works
Lined with hydrophobic woven fabric for exceptional protection against wind, plosives and water, the KSM8 Dualdyne grille is durability redefined.
Protecting and stabilizing the active diaphragm during plosives and impact, the DSS greatly reduces high-frequency handling noise.
Patented Cartridge Design
Controlled proximity effect vastly increases the working distance without on-axis coloration, delivering the most accurate frequency response available in a dynamic microphone.
Pneumatic Shock Mount
An elaborate architecture of tuned cavities, specific resistances, and precisely machined components is fully integrated into the cartridges acoustic properties, dramatically reducing handling noise without loss of low-end response.
Shure KSM8 Dynamic Microphone Features
- Patented cartridge design features two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active and one passive) and a groundbreaking inverted airflow system
- Exceptional control of proximity effect greatly increases working distance without on-axis coloration
- Neutral mid- and high-frequency reproduction due to controlled proximity effect results in the most natural-sounding dynamic microphone available
- Neodymium magnet resides in a micro-injection mold of aerospace SoftMag material, maximizing the magnetic field for the highest output level
- Re-imagined Shure Pumping Pneumatic Shock Mount features tuned cavities, specific resistances, and precisely machined components fully integrated into the cartridges acoustic properties, delivering exceptional rejection of handling noise without any loss of low-frequency response
- Patent-pending Diaphragm Stabilization System technology protects and stabilizes the active diaphragm from unwanted movement from plosives or impact
- Dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille design lined with hydrophobic woven fabric provides exceptional water, plosive and wind protection
Shure KSM8 Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Type: Dual-diaphragm dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 40 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Level: Open Circuit Voltage: -51.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV)
Shure KSM8 Dynamic Microphone Includes
- Zipper bag
- Microphone clip
- User guide
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This mic boosts top end presence considerably. The form factor is also rather large. Really designed for hand held use so if it stays in a stand, you're fine with a Beta58 or equivalent.