The Shure KSM8 Dynamic Microphone is a dual-diaphragm dynamic microphone crafted for vocal reproduction and sound-reinforcement in live performances and top-tier professional venues.
The Shure KSM8 Dynamic Microphone is the first high-end dual-diaphragm dynamic microphone featuring a patented Dualdyne cartridge to combat proximity effect and master off-axis rejection, and a patent-pending Diaphragm Stabilization System. The KSM8 redefines dynamic microphone technology for leading performers and engineers. It virtually eliminates proximity effect and provides unmatched vocal accuracy with minimal EQ and processing and has been designed for use in large, complex sound systems. Providing absolute vocal clarity, the Shure KSM8 is suited for production studios, live performance venues and broadcast productions. The KSM8 has an extremely wide sweet spot, due to the design of the Dualdyne element and its ability to control proximity effect. Additionally, the neutral mid/high frequency response means that there is little external processing required, resulting in consistent, natural-sounding audio, regardless of the artist’s mic technique and placement.
The Unidyne III cartridge features a single diaphragm with a pneumatic shock mount. The advanced technology of the Dualdyne cartridge originates in the second diaphragm which has been added. Besides the active diaphragm, a second passive diaphragm has been implemented, which is part of the cartridge’s acoustic network that provides an unattained mastery of proximity effect.
Shure KSM8 Dynamic Microphone Features
- Patented cartridge design featuring two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active and one passive) and groundbreaking inverted airflow system, which allows exceptional consistency of the cardioid polar pattern throughout the entire frequency range.
- Accurate frequency response due to controlled proximity effect which allows for neutral mid-and-high frequency reproduction, resulting in the most natural sounding dynamic microphone available.
- Exceptional control of proximity effect vastly increases working distance without on-axis coloration.
- Off-axis attenuation is flat and broad resulting in superior quality of rejection of unwanted sound sources for increased vocal clarity.
- The Dualdyne cartridge re-images the Shure Pumping Pneumatic Shock Mount design with specific resistances and precisely machined components that are fully integrated into the cartridge’s acoustic properties.
- Patent Pending Diaphragm Stabilisation System (DSS) Technology protects and stabilizes the active diaphragm from unwanted excursion or rocking during plosives or impact, providing substantial protection against high frequency handling noise.
- Cutting-edge cartridge manufacturing methods utilise ultra-sonic and internal laser welding to provide best-in-class mechanical reliability.
- Neodymium magnet resides in a micro-injection mold of aerospace SoftMag material that maximises the magnetic field for maximum output level.
- Dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille design lined with hydrophobic woven fabric provides exceptional plosive and wind protection, while offering virtually waterproof protection.
- Aluminium handle with brushed nickel finish
Shure KSM8 Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Cartridge Type: Dual-Diaphragm Dynamic (Moving Coil)
- Frequency Response: 40 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 300 Ohms
- Sensitivity (at1 kHz, Open Circuit Voltage): -51.5 dBV/Pa (2.66 mV)
- Polarity: Positive Pressure on Diaphragm Produces Positive Voltage on Pin 2 with Respect to Pin 3
- Net Weight: 330 g (11.64 oz.)
- Connector: Three-pin Professional Audio (XLR), Male
- Housing: Die-cast Aluminum with Paint or Brushed Nickel Finish
Shure KSM8 Dynamic Microphone Includes
- 1 x Shure KSM8 Dynamic Microphone
- 1 x Shure A25E Stand Adapter
- 1 x Shure AK8C Carrying Pouch for KSM8
- 2 Year Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This mic boosts top end presence considerably. The form factor is also rather large. Really designed for hand held use so if it stays in a stand, you're fine with a Beta58 or equivalent.