Shure SM57 Dynamic Microphone
The Shure SM57 Cardioid Dynamic Microphone is the undisputed workhorse microphone for studio, stage, podiums... and pretty much anywhere you can envision a microphone being used, the SM57 will do the job.
The Shure SM57 Dynamic Microphone is a cardioid dynamic instrument microphone designed to offer clean reproduction of amplified and acoustic instruments. It features a contoured frequency response for rich vocal pickup, background noise reduction, and a pneumatic shock mount system. A snare crack. An arpeggiated chord. A powerful saxophone solo. Whether on stage or in the studio, the notes that flow from your instrument connects your audience on a visceral level. And such sounds need a mic that can handle its strength. For every acoustic condition, the Shure SM57 delivers the power of your playing to every fan in the house.
The Shure SM57 unidirectional dynamic microphone is exceptional for musical instrument pickup or for vocals. With its bright, clean sound and carefully contoured presence rise, the Shure SM57 is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording. It has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In the studio, it is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds. For musical instruments or vocals, the Shure SM57 is a consistent choice of professional performers. It is also the standard microphone used on the podium of the U.S. President for over 30 years. Its outstanding performance, legendary reliability, and diversity of application make this "workhorse" the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers the world over.
Shure SM57 Dynamic Microphone Applications
- Snare Drum
- Guitar & Bass Amplifiers
Shure SM57 Dynamic Microphone Features
- Performance tested, industry standard
- Contoured frequency response tailored for clean, instrumental reproduction (guitars and drums) and rich vocal pickup
- Professional-quality reproduction for drum, percussion, and instrument amplifier miking
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
- Internal pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Enamel coated metal construction, polycarbonate grille with stainless steel screen resist wear and abuse
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
Shure SM57 Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Microphone Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Unidirectional (Cardioid), Rotationally Symmetrical About Microphone Axis, Uniform with Frequency
- Frequency Response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
- Polarity: Positive Pressure on Diaphragm Produces Positive Voltage on Pin 2 with Respect to Pin 3.
- Sensitivity (at 1000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -56.0 dBV/Pa (1.6 mV)
- Impedance: Rated Impedance is 150? (310? Actual) for Connection to Microphone Inputs Rated Low Impedance
- Connector: Three-pin Professional Audio Connector (Male XLR Type)
- Case: Dark Gray, Enamel-Painted, Die-Cast Steel with a Polycarbonate Grille and a Stainless Steel Screen
- Swivel Adapter: Positive-Action, Break-Resistant, Adjustable through 180°, with Standard 5/8 in.-27 Thread
- Net Weight (Without Cable): 284 grams (10 oz)
- Dimensions: 157 mm (6-3/16 in.) L x 32 mm (1-1/4 in.) W at the Widest Point
Shure SM57 Dynamic Microphone Includes
- 1 x Shure SM57 Dynamic Microphone
- 1 x Shure A25D Swivel Stand Adapter
- 1 x Shure 95A2313 Storage Bag
- 2 Year Warranty
Shure SM57 Dynamic Microphone Downloads
26 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I use the SM57 along with Cascade ribbons to mic guitar cabs. They sound great together and fine tuning the mix between them further enhances the sound. I've also used this for vocals with good success.
The Sm57 is an all time classic used on many recordings. This is a great starting point for anyone looking to get into recording for a reasonable price and beyond
infamous and still the best mic deal in the world
infamous and still the best mic deal in the world
For the price you won’t find a better built, better sounding mic for multiple applications.
I do not like this mic. Here is why. It sounds like any dynamic mic (I like the Audix i5 but everyone makes one) BUT it has a capsule at the end that can move and vibrate. If this piece does that while recording it will create a loud click or other artifact on the recording. This almost never happens, but IT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN AT ALL. Just buy an $100 dynamic mic from another major audio company.
First experience with this mic and really like it.
What else can be said about the SM57 that hasn't already been said. It is affordable and works great on snare and guitar cabinet for both live and studio. On guitar cabinet for the studio I usually do not use just the SM57 in the mix but I always capture a take with it to blend in the mix. Sometimes the mix calls for more 57 sometimes less but it usually is always in there somewhere especially on distorted guitars.
It is affordable, it does not skimp on quality or design. It's long been an industry standard for a reason. I have used it to mic instrument cabs and snare drums with success and no several others who do. Great mic.