Shure SM57 Cardioid Dynamic Microphone
The Shure SM57 Cardioid Dynamic Microphone is the undisputed workhorse microphone for studio, stage, podiums... and pretty much anywhere you can envision a microphone being used, the SM57 will do the job.
The Shure SM57 unidirectional dynamic microphone is exceptional for musical instrument pickup or for vocals. With its bright, clean sound and carefully contoured presence rise, the SM57 is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording. It has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In the studio, it is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds. For musical instruments or vocals, the SM57 is a consistent choice of professional performers. It is also the standard microphone used on the podium of the U.S. President for over 30 years. Its outstanding performance, legendary reliability, and diversity of application make this "workhorse" the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers the world over.
Front End Audio only sells genuine Shure products and is an Authorized Dealer for Shure and all other brands.
Shure SM57 Microphone Features
- Performance tested, industry standard
- Contoured frequency response tailored for clean, instrumental reproduction (guitars and drums) and rich vocal pickup
- Professional-quality reproduction for drum, percussion, and instrument amplifier miking
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
- Internal pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Enamel coated metal construction, polycarbonate grille with stainless steel screen resist wear and abuse
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
Shure SM57 Microphone Specifications
- Microphone Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency.
- Frequency Response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
- Sensitivity (at 1000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -56.0 dBV/Pa (1.6 mV)
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150Ω (310Ω actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance.
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Case: Dark gray, enamel-painted, die-cast steel with a polycarbonate grille and a stainless steel screen.
- Swivel Adapter: Positive-action, break-resistant, adjustable through 180°, with standard 5/8 in.-27 thread
- Net Weight (without cable): 284 grams (10 oz)
- Dimensions: 157 mm (6-3/16 in.) L x 32 mm (1-1/4 in.) W at the widest point
Shure SM57 Microphone Includes
- SM57 microphone
- Zippered storage bag
- Break resistant stand adapter
Shure SM57 Microphone Optional Accessories
- A2WS - Locking Windscreen
- A55M - Isolation Mount
- C25F - 7.6m Cable (25 ft)
- A25D - Microphone Clip
- A26M - Dual Mount
- RK143G - Screen and Grille Assembly
- R59 - Cartridge
- S37A, S39A - Desk Stand
Shure SM57 Microphone Downloads
20 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
First experience with this mic and really like it.
What else can be said about the SM57 that hasn't already been said. It is affordable and works great on snare and guitar cabinet for both live and studio. On guitar cabinet for the studio I usually don't use just the SM57 in the mix but I always capture a take with it to blend in the mix. Sometimes the mix calls for more 57 sometimes less but it usually is always in there somewhere especially on distorted guitars.
It's affordable, it doesn't skimp on quality or design. It's long been an industry standard for a reason. I've used it to mic instrument cabs and snare drums with success and no several others who do. Great mic.
Won't always be the best microphone for the job, but rarely is it ever the worst. My primary applications are snares and guitar cabs, but it has filled in admirably on toms, percussion and even vocals. Experimenting with a few of these is a great way for engineers to broaden their horizons.
An excellent all round microphone for live acoustic and demo studio recording work.
great mic for the money, and for those starting out. It's a do all for the beginning recordist. I'm more advanced now but I still use it on guitar amps, sometimes Toms, and occasionally vocals. Very nice with the AMI/TAB transformer mod as well, even better on snare drum and voice then.
The workhorse reputation is deserved. Everybody has a few of these on hand, they're just that good and versatile. I've even preferred the sound of it on voice to mics many times the cost.
Fantastic mic: works good on about every source I put it on. Doesn't do the job perfectly on every source but it gets it done... although it works especially well on my snare.... Great all around mic.
Truly a workhorse. I have recorded acoustics and electric guitars with this mic and every time it about as plug and play as recording can be. At most, all I have had to do is add a little compression on clean sounds and a bit of eq to make everything sound just right. You just get that clear, cutting sound that makes your guitars sit and sound perfectly in a mix.