The Shure SM7dB Dynamic Microphone has the same sound you’ve loved for years, but with the convenience of a Shure-designed built-in preamp providing all the gain you’ll ever need.
The latest iteration of this legendary dynamic microphone will work with any XLR interface, making it easier for podcasters, streamers and musicians to get perfect vocals from every recording setup. The SM7dB built-in preamp provides up to +28 dB of low-noise, flat, transparent gain ideal for almost any interface and simplified audio chains.
The SM7dB delivers the familiar warm tone adored by broadcasters, vocalists and content creators alike. Shure engineers have painstakingly ensured that it has the same sound signature as the original SM7B.
The SM7dB has a preamp custom designed by Shure inside, giving it enough output to work with any XLR interface. Providing up to +28 dB of low-noise, flat, transparent gain, the onboard preamp preserves the mic’s frequency response for a clean, classic sound. All you need is an interface or mixer offering +48V phantom power to operate the preamp.
Choose between a boost of +18dB or +28dB from the preamp. Miking loud sound sources like a guitar cab or snare drum? Use +18dB or bypass the preamp for the original SM7B output level. Podcasting or recording quiet vocals? Select the full built-in boost of +28dB.
A convenient bypass mode allows you to forego the built-in preamp in case you prefer to feed the mic’s unboosted signal into your professional console or interface. The microphone will retain its great audio traits. Bypassing the preamp reverts the SM7dB to original SM7B performance.
Wide Frequency Response
Whether you’ve activated the preamp or not, you’ll get the same great detail in your recordings from a proven dynamic cartridge and frequency range of 50 to 20,000Hz. Hear all the highs and lows for truly natural sounding audio.
Cardioid Polar Pattern
Excellent rear-rejection and textbook cardioid pick-up pattern isolates your voice from any background noise, allowing the SM7dB to capture warm, crisp audio in any environment. Ideal for less-than-ideal podcasting or streaming spaces.
Low Cut & Presence Boost Filters
Just like the SM7B, the SM7dB offers multiple sound signatures using switches on the back of the microphone to suit any type of voice or instrument. Find your ideal tone by cutting the lows or boosting the presence.
Unclutter Your Audio Chain
The SM7dB frees you from clunky in-line preamps and other accessories, while ensuring you get that classic SM7 tone no matter where you’re recording. One less thing to worry about while you’re traveling!
Shure SM7dB Dynamic Microphone Features
- Selectable preamp boost of either +18dB or +28dB of extra gain
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Preamp bypass switch deactivates the preamp to revert to original SM7B performance
- Bass roll-off and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) EQ controls
- Superior rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal “air suspension” shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
Shure SM7dB Dynamic Microphone Includes
- Shure SM7dB Dynamic Microphone
- Close-Talk Windscreen
- 3/8” Thread Adapter
- Manufacturer Warranty
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review