The Shure Super 55 Dynamic Microphone is a deluxe vocal mic ideal for stage, studio recording, or podcasting applications. It has uniform supercardioid pick-up pattern for maximum gain before feedback and excellent rejection of off-axis sound and tailored frequency response specifically shaped for natural sounding vocals and speech.
The Shure Super 55 Dynamic Microphone combines the unmistakable design of the original, with a contemporary improvement in audio performance. How do you set a classic scene for a modern audience? With a time-honored look that brings the clean, pure sound of now. The Shure Super 55 brings the highest degree of vocal quality to the stage in a vintage, stand-mounted microphone.
The Shure Super 55 Deluxe Vocal Microphone features the signature chrome-plated die-cast body, redesigned name plate, striking blue foam windscreen, and a smooth frequency response for natural vocals. The Shure Super 55 is a high-output, dynamic vocal microphone designed for stage and studio. The supercardioid polar pattern ensures high gain before feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off-axis tone coloration. Performers and music enthusiasts will appreciate the timeless style and cultural significance of the Shure Super 55. This microphone is ideal for stage, studio recording, podcasting, and other sound applications where a stand-mounted microphone with a classic look is desirable.
Shure Super 55 Dynamic Microphone Features
- Uniform supercardioid pick-up pattern for maximum gain before feedback and excellent rejection of off-axis sound
- Tailored frequency response specifically shaped for natural sounding vocals and speech
- Chrome die-cast metal construction and mechanical design resists wear and abuse
- Classic appearance, modern performance
- Shock mounted cartridge minimizes stand transmitted noise, ensures quiet operation
- Self-tensioning swivel mount permits tilting through 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward
- Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
Shure Super 55 Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 60 to 17,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Impedance: Rated; 150 Ohms (290 Ohms Actual)
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage; -53.0 dBV/Pa (1 Pascal=94 dB SPL)
- Polarity: Positive Pressure on the Diaphragm Produces Positive Voltage on Pin 2 with Respect to Pin 3 of the Output Connector
- Construction: Chrome-plated Die Casting
- Net Weight: 0.656 kg (1.45 lb)
Shure Super 55 Dynamic Microphone Includes
- 1 x Shure Super 55 Dynamic Microphone
- 1 x Shure 95A2050 5/8" to 3/8" Thread Adapter
- 1 x Zippered, Padded Pouch
- 2 Year Warranty
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I had already purchased a couple of SHURE 58s and decided that I would sell them to the vocalists who used them, since they had a tendency to get their lips all over them, and I wanted a new mic for myself that would look different and sound as good. I am delighted with this new mic. Every bit as good as the 58s and with a cool retro vibe.