Retro Revolver Tube Compressor
The Retro Revolver Tube Compressor is a 2-Channel Compressor based on the sound of the British Invasion. It's a vintage yet modern sound of iconic records still relevant and popular today.
When you first put your ears to the Retro Revolver, you'll hear some very legendary compression, an ingredient many have kept secret. You will hear lively and vibrant dynamics, the same you have imagined for your own project. Now you will know the sound, it's as unmistakable as applesauce.
7 years of Development.
As an experimental project in 2011, a few Revolvers were built and field tested with select studios. We started with the famous British-modified Altec 436 compressor and added features you need for tracking, mixing and mastering. We needed it right for Rev. A. Here it is.
The Retro Revolver puts you in Control.
For the first time ever, you get all the adjustments to dial in the type of dynamics you've heard on numerous albums. We've added features like a side-chain filter, stereo linking and continuously variable threshold, attack and release.
Built like a Tank.
The Retro Revolver might be guilty of being slightly overbuilt here in the USA, but it's definitely done purposely to give you years of uninterrupted performance. Each unit passes a series of critical tests. Tubes and other components are selected for top performance and proper stereo tracking.
Retro Revolver Tube Compressor Features
- A most desired compression signature
- Ideal for the stereo bus and excels at tracking, mixing and mastering
- Independent controls with stereo linking
- Continuously variable input, output, attack, release and threshold
- Dual Threshold Control allows control of ratio and amplifier saturation
- Low noise and high separation
- Differential all-tube signal path
- Transformer-balanced inputs and outputs on XLR connectors
- Illuminated VU meters
- Front panel meter zero controls
- Internal tube balancing facility
- 120 or 240 Volt operation
Retro Revolver Tube Compressor Specifications
- Number of Channels: 2
- Controls: Input, Output, Attack, Release, Threshold, Side-chain filter select, Stereo Link
- Ratio: Adjustable between 1.5:1 and 5:1
- Usable Input level range: -20 to +20 dBu
- Output level range: -30 to +18 dBu
- Output clip level: +23 dBu (1% dist)
- Attack Time: 2 to 40 milliseconds
- Release Time: 200 milliseconds to 2 seconds
- Highpass side-chain filter: Selectable 6 dB detector rolloff at 90 or 250 Hz.
- Distortion: Less than 0.05% below compression threshold. Approx. 1% at full-scale compression.
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz. +/- 0.5 dB
- Rack Space: 2U
- Depth: 9.5 inches
- Weight: 22 pounds
- Connections: IEC Power, XLR input and output x2
- Power Requirements: 120 VAC or 240 VAC. 22 Watts
- Fuse Rating: Standard fast-blow
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review