Fredenstein F676 Tube Preamp
The Fredenstein F676 Tube Preamp is a valve based preamp with a fully balanced signal path throughout. Featuring transformers on the input and output, the F676 uses a DSP to control the operating points of the tubes, guaranteeing perfect working conditions all the time.
The Fredenstein F676 Tube Preamp features front panel LCD, 76dB of gain, 20dB pad, highpass filter, polarity reversal, phantom power, DI, and 99 presets. It uses DSP technology to control the tubes. The final result is a tube preamp with a very pleasant sonic footprint, lush smooth highs without being harsh plus very detailed mids and lows. The physical footprint is also very well suited for many desk-top situations where it can be conveniently put within arm's reach.
Control functions include 0 to 76 dB of gain in 1 dB steps along with a 20 dB pad. It also includes the usual Phantom Power, Polarity and High Pass Filter switching and 2 impedance settings (1K ohms and 200 ohms). The Fredenstein F676 has a few unusual controls; one for setting Fully Balanced or Single Ended circuitry and another that injects DC into the output transformer. Each is intended for creating desirable vintage characteristics beyond what the basic tube / transformer topology does. The Fredenstein F676 also allows for saving and recalling 99 User Presets. The LCD graphically displays Peak output level and Gain settings. It also displays tube currents while it self-calibrates so that you can be confident that the unit is working optimally.
The Fredenstein F676 is an homage on the famous German V76 tube microphone amplifier which was the sonic inspiration for this unit. The Fredenstein F676 Tube Preamp will make a positive difference in your studio.
Fredenstein F676 Tube Preamp Features
- Homage to the legendary Telefunken V76 mic preamp
- High-quality input and output transformers deliver the best sonic imprint
- Modern DSP technology provides performance beyond the basic tube/transformer topology
- Front panel LCD screen displays peak output level, gain settings, and more
- 99 User presets for easy repeatability
- Experience warm, natural sound through zero-negative-feedback design
- Features 76dB of gain, a 20dB pad, highpass filter, polarity reversal, phantom power, and DI
- Self-calibrates for easy maintenance
- 100% analog signal path
Fredenstein F676 Tube Preamp Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20Khz +- 0.5dB
- Distortion: < 0.1% (Push-Pull Mode no DC Bias)
- Input Noise: -128dB at +30 dB Gain
- Gain Range: 0 dB to +76 dB without Pad, +20 db to + 56db with Pad
- Input Impedance: 200 or 1000 Ohm User Selectable, 470 K Ohms for the DI Input
- Maximum Output Voltage: +30 dBu
- Mains Voltage: 110V to 120V in the 115V Range or 220V to 240V in the 230V Range (User Selectable)
- Power Consumption: < 50W
- Dimension (L x H x D): 242mm x 95mm x 270mm
Fredenstein F676 Tube Preamp Includes
- 1 x Fredenstein F676 Tube Preamp
- 1 x IEC Power Cord
- 1 x Operating Manual
Fredenstein F676 Tube Preamp Warranty
- 1 Year Warranty
Fredenstein F676 Tube Preamp Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review