Fredenstein HD Reference Stereo Microphone Preamp
The Fredenstein HD Reference Stereo Microphone Preamp is a 2-channel microphone preamp with 64dB of gain. Featuring fully discrete signal path and Class A balanced output stage, it delivers a true-to-life sound. Current amplification circuit eliminates internal transistor capacitance and its transformerless design won't color your sound.
The Fredenstein HD Reference Stereo Microphone Preamp can be described as unique, revolutionary, and among the best performing mic pre's of all time. Well almost unique. The internal topology was first introduced in the 500 Series Fredenstein HD PRE which features the new current mode, true class A, zero negative feedback, 100% balanced circuit that uses 54 discrete premium transistors for gain. The Fredenstein HD REFERENCE goes a step further with 72 transistors and a +/- 24 volt power supply. The Fredenstein HD REFERENCE is also designed to be remote controlled (or not) and offers 1 dB gain steps shown clearly on the front panel.
Technical performance can only be described as extreme or exceptional. Extreme low noise (EIN - XX dB), exceptional low distortion (.XX% at 60 dB of gain), extreme bandwidth (-3dB down at 900kHz) and is can deliver +30 dbu at the outputs. And while it sports the holy grail, grand combination of high end specifications, the Fredenstein HD REFERENCE also out-performs typical tube pre-amplifiers in the area of smooth transition into saturation, due to the absence of negative feedback and the fast recovery inherent in the topology. In other words, it goes from pristene to 3 dimensional through rich and then power house depending on how hard one drives it.
Features include 1 dB stepped gain from 0 dB to +64 dB (using high reliability relays) indicated with a large 7 segment LED display. 3 high pass filter frequencies, 3 impedance settings, phantom power and polarity switching. Details like, automatic muting while phantom power is changing, to prevent thumps and damage to monitors is built in. There are also a pair of Direct Inputs for instruments with low noise discrete JFET inputs (2 meg ohm) and 0 to 40 dB of gain.
And then by adding the Fredenstein COMMANDER Remote Control you can reap the benefit of keeping the mic pre close to the mic, while still keeping control of all the features the Fredenstein HD REFERENCE provides. By keeping the cable between the mic and the Fredenstein REFERENCE HD short, you can preserve the fragile mic level signals and send a robust line level signal any reasonable distance to the converter, console or compressor. The Fredenstein Commander and Fredenstein REFERENCE HD connect with a standard mic cable. The Fredenstein COMMANDER additionally has a LOCK button that can prevent tampering at the remote preamp.
Fredenstein HD Reference Stereo Microphone Preamp Features
- 2-Channel microphone preamp with 64dB of gain
- Fully discrete signal path and Class A balanced output stage
- Current amplification circuit eliminates internal transistor capacitance
- Experience warm, natural sound through zero-negative-feedback topology
- Transformerless design won't color your sound
- Digital displays allow you to set your gain level in accurate 1dB steps – great for setting up stereo pairs
- 7-Segment LED meters make monitoring your levels easy
- 3 Impedance settings optimize the preamp for your microphone
- 3 Highpass filter frequencies eliminate unwanted low-frequency rumble
- Phantom power and polarity reversal
- Discrete JFET inputs for your guitars and other high-impedance sources
- Optional HD Commander remote control for keeping the preamp close to your mic (sold separately)
Fredenstein HD Reference Stereo Microphone Preamp Specifications
- Frequency Response: 2 Hz – 700,000 Hz, - 1 dB, 1 Hz – 920,000 Hz, - 3 dB
- Distortion: < 0.0082 at +4 dBu Output Level (31 dB Gain)
- Input Noise (EIN): < -128.5 dB (150 Ohms Source Impedance 64db Gain),
- Input Impedance: > 200 k Ohms or 1000 or 300 Ohms Selectable
- CMRR: > 60 dB at 54 dB Gain
- DI Impedance: > 2 M Ohms
- Max. Input Level: + 20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 600 Ohms Max.
- Output Level: + 30dBu
- Max Input Signal: +20 dBu
- DI or Microphone Input: + 0dBu
Fredenstein HD Reference Stereo Microphone Preamp Includes
- 1 x Fredenstein HD Reference Stereo Microphone Preamp
- 1 x Operating Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
Fredenstein HD Reference Stereo Microphone Preamp Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review