Fredenstein F200 Preamp & Compressor
The Fredenstein F200 Preamp & Compressor is a two channel microphone preamplifier and a two channel FET compressor with Stereo link capability.
The mic-pre and compressor are connected in series. The output mixer allows the user to simply mix the mic-pre and the compressor ouputs. This mimics old-school fader blending of the compressed and uncompressed signals and can also be used to add a little “drive” if the input levels are turned up and the output levels are turned down. The mic-pre section features a switchable 20dB pad, a low-cut filter, phase reversal and P48 phantom power. The maximum gain of the mic-pre is +60 dB, the minimum gain with pad activated is 0 dB. The high impedance Direct Input (DI) is compatible with balanced and unbalanced signals, which doubles as a convenient front panel spare input.
The FET compressor section features rotary controls for Attack Time, Release Time, and Compression Ratio, as well as a Stereo link switch. The F200 functions perfectly at line levels with the mic-pre gain turned down, so it can be used as a normal stereo compressor. You can still use some of the available gain and low cut filter for some creative madness.
Either the compressor gain reduction or the output level can be displayed through the VU-Meter. There is also a “Clip” Led for the mic-pre that turns on at +24 dBu output levels.
The parts quality and build are first-rate. It provides professional performance and rather excellent specifications for all budgets. The F200 is easy to use, streamlines the work-flow plus has some rather cool creative potential and it just sounds better.
Fredenstein F200 Preamp & Compressor Features
- 2-channel microphone preamp and compressor
- 2 completely separate processors — use them individually or combine them into dual channel strips
- Separate mic and compressor output levels for effortless parallel compression
- Mic preamp features 60dB of gain and a 20dB pad, highpass filter, polarity reversal, phantom power, and DI
- Compressor includes controls for attack time, release time, compression ratio (from 2:1 to 20:1), and stereo link
- Experience warm, natural sound via zero-negative-feedback design
- Clip Led for the mic-pre turns on at +24 dBu output levels
- VU meter displays compressor gain reduction or output level
Fredenstein F200 Preamp & Compressor Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz, +/- 0.5dB
- Max. Gain:+ 60 dB
- Make-up Gain:+ 19 dB
- Distortion:< 0.1%
- Input Noise (Pre):< -129 dB
- Input Impedance:> 4 KOhm
- Max. Input Level:+ 12 dBu
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Max. Output Level:+ 26 dBu
- Clip Indicator:+ 24 dBu
- Input Attenuator: - 20 dB
- High Pass Filter: 60 Hz (switchable)
- Attack Time: 200 us to 50 ms
- Release Time: 70ms to 2.4s
- Compression Ratio: 2:1 to 20:1
- Dimension (LxHxD):480mm x 50mm x 180mm
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review