Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer
The Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer is a 16x2 transformer balanced mixer with all the warmth you need for your digital recordings. Sweeten the sterility of digital into something listenable and even rewarding.
The Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer is the result of the team at Chandler Limited working with several vintage discrete circuits. The Mini Rack Mixer can trace it's lineage back to several types of these amplifiers developed in the 60s and 70s that have been improved and tweezed ("Chandlerized", perhaps?) by the fine folks at Chandler for the noble task of sweetening the sterility of digital into something listenable and even (gasp!) rewarding.
Transformers? The Mini Rack Mixer has them in spades! Each Channel of the 16x2 Mixer is transformer balanced and driven by the New Chandler Line Amp, which is taken from Chandler's other products but whose design has been massaged for use in this mixer. The Mini Mixer is jam-packed with discrete amps and classic sound, 20 discrete amplifiers and 22 custom wound transformers in the unit, and delivering all the punch and tone you need for today's digital environment.
In addition to the mixer section, the unit has a full featured Control Room section including Talkback, Speaker switching, Mute, Mono, Dim, External input (also used as an insert point), and separate Control Room and Stereo Buss outs. The Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer is easily expandable to 32 channels or even more. Add a Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer 16-Channel Expander (same mixer minus the Control Room Section) for an instant 32 Channel Mixer. Great for use when needing to monitor your 2-Inch Machines before transferring into the DAW.
Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer Features
- Channel Volume: Each control is push/pull to mute the channel.
- Channel Pan: Toggle switch disconnects pan pot to allow for true centering, like on a vintage API or Neve.
- Talkback Module: Volume control and momentary push button to engage.
- Control Room: Mute, Mono, Dim
- Switching: Speaker 1/2 & External Input Switching.
- Stereo Output: Volume for two sets of stereo outputs.
- Control Room: Volume for speaker selection 1 and 2
- External Input: Pressing this button disconnects the mix section and control room allowing for some interesting combinations. The most obvious is to listen to other sources, like 2 track machines or CD player, but was designed with other important options in mind.
- Stereo Insert: By pressing the External you can create a stereo insert point between the Stereo Outputs and Control Room sections of the mixer. Hit External, patch from the Stereo Output tothe External In, and the Control Room then becomes your Stereo Out with an insert point.
- Summing: To sum through the Stereo Out press External. Feed a stereo mix from your DAWto the External In and listen from the Control Room out. The mixer is then completely independentfrom the Control Room and Stereo Buss. Allows use for dual mono or stereo summing.
- Expandable: Together with the Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer 16-Channel Expander, you suddenly have a 32-Channel Chandler Limited TG series mixer!
All Chandler Limited Mixer units require and function on the PSU-2, Chandler Limited power supply. The PSU-2 has an internal switch for setting voltage to 120V or 220V (115V/230V).
Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer Specifications
- CHANNELS: 16x2
- CIRCUIT: Class A, Discrete, Transistor
- I/O: XLR, Transformer Balanced, Pin 2 Hot, Input Impedance: 10k
- Expansion: TRS
- Talkback Mic: 1/4″
- POWER: +/-28v - Requires Chandler Limited PSU-2
Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer Includes
- Mini Rack Mixer
- Manual & Literature
Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer Downloads
- Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer User Guide / Owners Manual (PDF)
- Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer Brochure (PDF)
What The Pros Are Saying About The Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer...
"The Mini Mixer is one fine piece... I sold a '59 Les Paul Jr. to fund the purchase & have never regretted it!!!"
Robert Hatcher, Guitarist/Songwriter
"...Pushed the crap out of it and I LOVE IT!! Exactly what I've been hoping for...The bass sounds fuller, cymbals more smooth and the track seperation is obvious... Chandler Limited is in my book an A+ company"
Martin Frank, Producer/Songwriter/Musician
"The Chandler was slightly warmer, but the difference between them was too close to call. Considering this huge API console once sold for more than $200k, I was impressed at the similarity of their performance."
Barry Rudolph, Mix Magazine, Sept 2005
"My first impression was that the difference that the Mini Rack Mixer makes is bigger than the difference mastering makes...because of its 100% discrete design, Class-A line amps, transformer balanced I/O-and the resulting sound quality-it has no real competition short of a vintage Neve console."
Mike Caffery, Tape Op, Sept/Oct 2005
"We weren't necessarily in the market for another mixer, but we've learned that it's definitely worthwhile to check out anything Chandler is coming out with! It's such a well thought out and designed unit and like everything Chandler makes, it sounds awesome. It seems everything sounds better when run through the Chandler line amps! It's incredibly versatile and useful as a sidecar, line mixer or summing device plus it's great to have as the control section for a Pro Tools room."
Billy Bush, engineer for Garbage and Butch Vig
"...gotta say it does sound amazing. It is a beautiful piece of gear........and made a huge difference as soon as I was able to split out multiple tracks and recombine thru a proper stereo buss....it sounded warm and really fat...it made my speakers come alive! my mix sounded clearer and the vocal had especially nice detail...........Also, it's very easy to use...."
"I am absolutely stunned by your mixer. It may be sacrilegious to say, but the Chandler has become my preferred choice in virtually every instance that I have would normally desired a vintage Neve console (in fact, I ditched the one I previously had). This makes absolutely no sense to me, hence I would suggest that you have made some sort of pact with Satan to fabricate such a thing. Heaven help you, but thanks all the same for creating such a remarkable recording device."
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review