The Audio Technica AT2020 Microphone is side-address studio condenser mic ideal for project/home-studio applications. Its high SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility. The cardioid polar pattern of AT2020 reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source.
The Audio Technica AT2020 Microphone offers the price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology. The Audio-Technica’s stringent quality and consistency standards set the Audio Technica AT2020 apart from other mics in its class. Its low-mass diaphragm is custom-engineered for extended frequency response and superior transient response. With rugged construction for durable performance, the microphone offers a wide dynamic range and handles high SPLs with ease. The Audio Technica AT2020: the new standard for affordable side-address studio condensers.
Audio Technica AT2020 Microphone Features
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home-studio applications
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone
Audio Technica AT2020 Microphone Specifications
- Element: Fixed-Charge Back Plate, Permanently Polarized Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: –37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 144 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% THD
- Noise: 20 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 124 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 74 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 2 mA Typical
- Weight: 12.1 oz (345 g)
- Dimensions: 6.38" (162.0 mm) Long, 2.05" (52.0 mm) Maximum Body Diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-Pin XLRM-Type
- Audio-Technica Case Style: R7
Audio Technica AT2020 Microphone Includes
- Audio Technica AT2020 Microphone
- Stand Mount for 5/8"-27 Threaded Stands
- 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 Threaded Adapter
- Soft Protective Pouch
- 2 Year Warranty
Audio Technica AT2020 Microphone Downloads
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Good Starter MicSep 15th 2012
This was the first mic I ever owned. It was a Christmas gift from my mom. I've used this mic for a couple demo albums, as well as a few side projects (commercials, etc...). Overall, I would say that this is a good all around work horse. It does well on acoustic guitars, and other acoustic instruments. I find it a little thin overall, so I don't recommend it for pro quality vocals, but for someone starting out, this mic will get you started on the right foot.
Great at any costNov 18th 2010
Can't believe how long I've had this mic. It should be a staple in every bedroom musician's studio, i mean bedroom.
AT 2020 Beginner's DelightJun 23rd 2010
I bought the AT2020 as my first condenser microphone for my modest home studio. After about a year of use I've discovered (having had the opportunity to compare it to many others now) that it truly is a low budget piece of gear that delivers beyond expectation. Initially I was using it to mic my guitar and vocals, a task which it performs admirably for such a price. And more recently I've discovered that it also performs just as well as an all purpose mic for many of the hand percussion instruments I play (bongos, tambourine, shaker etc.). For any beginner in a home studio (or even for people who are looking for cheap mics to serve as workhorses) the AT2020 delivers, and more.