Audio Technica AT5045 Microphone
The Audio Technica AT5045 Microphone is Audio Technica’s premier condenser instrument microphone, offering the performance of a large-diaphragm, side-address condenser in a convenient, stick-type body.
The Audio Technica AT5045 Microphone in fact, despite the space limitations imposed by its housing, the boasts Audio-Technica’s largest single diaphragm. The instrument microphone’s circuitry has been honed to the essentials, allowing the AT5045 to achieve an unprecedented dynamic range that’s one of the widest of any microphone on the market. Every AT5045 is hand assembled and individually inspected for 100% quality control. Each microphone is enclosed in an elegant housing of aluminum and brass with a high-quality gray finish for durability and low reflectivity.
Discrete components have been selected for optimized performance. The circuitry and capsule assembly are mounted as a single block within a floating internal shock mount, effectively decoupling the capsule from the microphone body for excellent vibration isolation. In fact, every aspect of the microphone has been carefully considered to minimize any negative effects on the audio signal.
Audio Technica AT5045 Microphone Features
- Audio-Technica’s premier studio condenser instrument microphone
- Pure, realistic sound quality for overheads, percussion, acoustic guitar, strings and other acoustic instruments
- Side-address, stick-design microphone with more diaphragm surface area than most traditional large diaphragm side-address microphones
- Discrete components carefully selected for optimized performance
- Transformer-coupled output is optimized to provide smooth sonic character
- Exceptionally low noise with high-SPL capability
- Hand built and inspected for 100% quality control
- Advanced internal shock mounting decouples the capsule from the microphone body
- Elegant, durable housing of aluminum and brass
- Innovative isolation clamp provides secure mounting, versatile positioning and effective dampening of unwanted mechanical noise
- Available as a single microphone (AT5045) or as a stereo pair (AT5045P)
- Custom hard-shell carrying case with die-cut foam compartments offers protection for one or two microphones
Audio Technica AT5045 Microphone Specifications
- ELEMENT: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- POLAR PATTERN: Cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 – 20,000 Hz
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY: –35 dB (17.7 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- IMPEDANCE: 100 ohms
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL: 149 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- NOISE: 8 dB SPL
- DYNAMIC RANGE (typical): 141 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: 86 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS: 48V DC, 1.4 mA typical
- WEIGHT: 197 g (7.0 oz)
- DIMENSIONS: 177.0 mm (6.97'') long, 25.0 mm (0.98'') maximum body diameter
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
Audio Technica AT5045 Microphone Includes
- AT5045 Microphone
- AT8481 isolation clamp
- AT8165 windscreen
- Protective carrying case
- 5 Year Warranty
What We Think
The Audio Technica AT5045 Microphone is a superb microphone. The fullness and depth is equal to the detail and clarity. The most surprising thing is the transient response and detail. Even on something like an acoustic guitar, the percussive detail of the interaction between the string and pick, and hands and body really become musically defined. This further translates to drum overheads, creating a life-like definition. Though with the musical and natural character of the mic, and it actually being a large diaphragm - it is even great on vocals (despite being marketed as an instrument mic). This is one to pay attention to.
- Ryan, Front End Audio
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review