Audio Technica AE3000 Microphone
The Audio Technica AE3000 Microphone is a cardioid condenser instrument microphone designed to excel in high-SPL applications. Its large-diaphragm capsule combines with the open architecture of the headcase to provide an extremely accurate and open sound.
The Audio Technica AE3000 Microphone delivers supreme performance at extreme SPLs. This high-SPL large diaphragm cardioid condenser instrument mic excels in applications such as guitar cabinets, toms, snare, timpani, horns and overheads. Its large-diaphragm capsule combines with the open architecture of the headcase to provide an extremely accurate and open sound. Its low-profile side-address design with tapered grille allows for optimal positioning.
Audio Technica AE3000 Microphone Features
- Excels in high-SPL applications
- Large-diaphragm capsule combines with the open architecture of the headcase to provide an extremely accurate and open sound
- Low-profile side-address design with tapered grille allows optimal positioning of element vis-à-vis sound source
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Robust design for enduring dependability on the road
- Integral 80 Hz HPF switch and 10 dB pad
Audio Technica AE3000 Microphone Specifications
- Element: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -43 dB (7.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% THD
- Noise: 11 dB SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 83 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 137 dB, 1 kHz at Max. SPL
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V, 3 mA Typical
- Switches: 10 dB Pad; Roll-Off
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB Per Octave
- Weight: 6.0 oz (170 g)
- Output Connector: Integral 3-Pin XLRM-Type
- Audio-Technica Case Style: R6
Audio Technica AE3000 Microphone Includes
- Audio Technica AE3000 Microphone
- Audio Technica AT8471 Isolation Clamp for 5/8"-27 Threaded Stands
- 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 Threaded Adapter
- Soft Protective Pouch
- 5 Year Warranty
Audio Technica AE3000 Microphone Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is my every day mic for clarinet. The mic is robust, with a very good sound.
The directivity and sensibility of the mic is perfect for clarinet. I put the mic at 8 inch above my right hand and it sounds great with only one mic. The low cut is necessary for this application.
The best tom mic around, in my opinion. I've bought a pair of these for guitar cabs and possibly toms. They're small, so they don't get in the way when used for toms and you definitely won't overload those capsules. For loud sources, this is as good as it gets. When I talked to a few pros I know, they assured me this is the mike you want for this situation. I like mine so much I just might buy two more for close miking more drums!