Audio Technica AT5047 Microphone
The Audio Technica AT5047 Microphone is a transformer-coupled cardioid condenser studio mic, designed for use with vocals and instruments. With exceptionally wide dynamic range, the AT5047 is engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recordings.
The Audio Technica AT5047 Mic is a premier studio microphone that is equally at home with vocals and instruments. Boasting an exceptionally wide dynamic range the greatest among all Audio-Technica microphones the Audio Technica AT5047 captures the full, expressive character of a sound source, no matter how loud or how soft. Equipped with a transformer-coupled output, the Audio Technica AT5047 Microphone maintains a constant load output impedance, even when capturing sources at extreme SPL, resulting in a stable relationship between the mic and a mic preamp or console input.
In keeping with the 50 Series commitment to purity of sound, the Audio Technica AT5047 Mic includes the four-part rectangular element originally developed for the Audio Technica AT5040. Four exquisitely matched ultra-thin diaphragms function together (with outputs proprietarily summed) as Audio-Technicas largest-ever element, providing combined surface area twice that of a standard one-inch circular diaphragm.
By using four diaphragms in a single capsule, the Audio Technica AT5047 Microphone delivers the benefits of an exceptionally large diaphragm along with an extremely low noise floor without increased weight, decreased transient response or other drawbacks that typically restrict diaphragm size.
The Audio Technica AT5047 Microphone also incorporates the AT5040s advanced internal shock mounting design, which effectively decouples the capsule from the microphone body, and comes with the innovative AT8480 shock mount, first introduced with the AT5040.
Each Audio Technica AT5047 Microphone is hand assembled and individually inspected for 100% quality control. The microphone is enclosed in an elegant housing of aluminum and brass with a high-quality silver finish.
Discrete components have been selected for optimized performance. In fact, every aspect of the Audio Technica AT5047 Microphone has been carefully considered to minimize any effects on the audio signal.
Audio Technica AT5047 Microphone Features
- Exceptionally wide dynamic range captures the full, expressive character of instruments and voices from the caress of drum brushes to powerful vocal performances
- Four rectangular diaphragms (2 micron) function together to provide a combined surface area twice that of a standard one-inch circular diaphragm
- Discrete components carefully selected and optimized for maximum performance and compatibility with standalone microphone preamps and console inputs
- Transformer-coupled output provides smooth sonic character
- Hand assembled and inspected for 100% quality control
- Advanced internal shock mounting decouples the capsule from the microphone body
- Elegant, durable housing of aluminum and brass
- Included advanced-design custom AT8480 shock mount provides superior isolation
- Custom hard-shell carrying case with die-cut foam compartments offers protection during storage and transport
Audio Technica AT5047 Microphone Specifications
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -29 dB (35.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 150 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise: 6 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (typical): 142 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 88 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 2.7 mA typical
- Weight: 592 g (20.9 oz)
- Dimensions: 165.3 mm (6.51'') long, 57.0 mm (2.24'') maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Audio-Technica Case Style: R10
Audio Technica AT5047 Microphone Includes
- AT8480 Shock Mount for 5/8"-27 Threaded Stands
- 8/8" to 5/8" Stand Adapter
- Protective Carrying Case
Audio Technica AT5047 Microphone Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review