The Antelope Edge Go USB Modeling Microphone is a studio-grade large-diaphragm condenser USB microphone that gives musicians, content creators, and producers unprecedented access to Antelope's industry-leading mic-modeling technology.
Want a locker full of classic vintage microphones? With the Antelope Edge Go, you'll unlock detailed software emulations of the world's most iconic mics and studio effects processors. Just plug your Edge Go USB microphone into your Mac or PC, launch the included Edge Go software, and start rolling.
Pristine USB Output for High-Resolution Recording -- Anywhere
You've never seen a USB mic quite like the Edge Go. Built to Antelope's exacting specifications, with the same dual-diaphragm capsules as the Antelope Edge Duo condenser microphone, the Edge Go gives you USB-C output for convenient recording directly to your computer -- with no need for an external preamp, mixer, or audio interface. The Edge Go mic functions as its own audio interface, offering pristine A/D conversion with up to 192 kHz/24-bit resolution -- far higher resolution than the typical USB mic can deliver. In the pro audio world, Antelope is known for building the high-end analog-to-digital converters and super-accurate digital clocks found in world-class recording studios and broadcast facilities. The Edge Go draws on this impressive pedigree of engineering expertise to bring you Antelope sound quality in a go-anywhere, bus-powered USB microphone.
Edge Go Mic + Software = Classic Microphone Emulations
The Antelope Edge Go mic includes Edge Go control panel software, which lets you instantly audition and compare 11 expertly crafted microphone emulations. They're all modeled after the time-tested studio mics you've heard on thousands of hit recordings: Fat-sounding tube mics like the Tokyo 800T, Berlin 49T, Berlin 67, and Vienna 12; crisp FET condensers like the Berlin 87, Berlin M103, Berlin 47 FT, and Vienna 414; and smooth ribbons like the Sacramento 121R and Oxford 4038. Just select the mic you'd like to hear and dial in the pickup pattern you want to use: omnidirectional, cardioid, bidirectional figure-8, and everything in between. Antelope's software models meticulously emulate the distinctive character of each iconic microphone -- effectively giving you access to an epic mic collection. And you can record through the Edge Go microphone with no mic emulation applied for a transparent, flat 20 Hz - 20 kHz large-diaphragm condenser sound.
Antelope-Modeled Effects: Preamps, EQ, Compression, Reverb and More
Antelope's software magic doesn't end with microphone modeling. The Edge Go also gives you access to a killer collection of 22 effects modeled after classic studio gear, including all the must-have mic preamplifiers, dynamics processors (limiters, compressors, gates, expanders), de-esser, equalizers, and Antelope's AuraVerb with 6 reverb types to help you dial in the right ambiance from barely-there atmosphere to epic echoes. There's even a reel-to-reel tape effect to give your recordings a distinctively vintage vibe. Not sure where to start? Edge Go software gives you one-click access to presets like "Telephone Effect," "Massive Reverb Space," "Fan Noise Reduction," and more, so you can nail that sound in your head and start recording fast. Get creative and build the effects chain of your dreams, then save it as a preset, so inspiration is only a click away.
FPGA Processing Inside the Microphone -- Not Your Computer's CPU
All the processing power you need to run Antelope's mic emulations and effects models is built right into the Edge Go microphone's hardware, in the form of a dedicated FPGA chip. With the Edge Go mic, there's no need to bog down your DAW with effects processing plug-ins, sap your computer's limited CPU power, or buy an external DSP accelerator or interface box. Antelope Audio is an industry leader when it comes to harnessing the power of FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) chips for real-time audio processing -- and with the Edge Go microphone, all that power is now in your hands.
Everything You Need to Start Rolling
Your Edge Go microphone comes packed in a road-ready hard case with a heavy-duty shock mount, a professional metal mesh pop filter, an adjustable-angle desktop mic stand with a sturdy non-slip base, and a USB-C to USB-A cable. There's even a 1/8" stereo headphone jack right on the Edge Go microphone body for easy zero-latency monitoring. Just add your favorite pair of headphones, your computer with a USB input, and the audio software of your choice, and you'll have everything you need to start recording.
Antelope Edge Go USB Modeling Microphone Features
- Studio-grade dual-diaphragm condenser microphone with 192 kHz/24-bit USB output
- 1/8" stereo headphone output on the microphone for zero-latency monitoring
- Includes Edge Go software with 11 microphone emulations and 22 studio effects, with easy presets for dialing in your sound fast
- Built-in Antelope FPGA processing for real-time processing without sapping your computer's CPU
- Comes with hard case, shock mount, metal pop filter, desktop mic stand, and USB-C to USB-A cable
- No need for an external audio interface, preamp, power supply, or DSP accelerator
- Ideal go-anywhere recording rig for musicians, podcasters, vloggers, voiceover artists, and content creators
Antelope Edge Go USB Modeling Microphone Specification
- Microphone type: Stereo condenser microphone
- Diaphragm: Large condenser – double-sided 6u gold-sputtered membranes
- Diaphragm diameter: 34mm
- Polar pattern: Multi-pattern (cardioid, figure-8, omnidirectional)
- Frequency response: 20HZ ~ 20kHZ
- Self-noise: 19dB(A)
- SNR: 75dB(A)
- Headphone output DAC: SNR 112 dB
- Microphone ADC: 117 dB
- Max. SPL: 116dB
- Power requirements: 5V/500mA
- USB connector: USB Type-C (backwards compatible to USB 2.0)
- Headphone output - 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo jack
- Color: Black matte
- Weight (mic body): 1.21 lbs (550 grams)
- Dimensions (mic body): 8.6" x 2.1" (219mm x 53mm)
Antelope Edge Go USB Modeling Microphone Includes
- Microphone: Edge Go microphone
- USB Cable: 16.4' (5 meters) USB-C to USB-A cable
- Desktop Stand: Adjustable angle desktop stand
- Mount: Heavy-duty shock absorbing mount
- Pop filter: Professional metal mesh pop filter
- Case: Mid-size road case with handle and custom-fit foam inserts
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
So much potential, it just got better. A super quality with flexible modulations, I think no more is needed for someone needing to upgrade willing to go up to this price. I think it’s more interesting than more expensive options which don’t have the flexibility that the emulations.