Antelope Edge Quadro Modeling Microphone
The Antelope Edge Quadro Modeling Microphone is the most advanced modeling microphone by Antelope Audio. Dual-head, quad-channel modeling microphone for 360° recording!
This stereo mic features two large dual-membrane condenser capsules and a rotatable head. Delivering four channels for independent processing will allow for stereo techniques like M/S, X/Y, Blumlein, and even 3D sound. Edge Quadro is the only microphone you’ll need for stereo and 360° sound recording.
An epic mic emulation library
Edge Quadro boasts an extensive and ever-expanding library of classic mic emulations, with 11 legendary microphone models already available and 7 more soon to be released. The smart control panel allows users to pick two different mic emulations simultaneously, one for each head of the microphone. Find the full list of Edge Quadro emulations below.
Experiment like never before
The Edge Quadro heads offer next-level precision and adjustability. Upper head can be rotated noiselessly, at any angle, even while the microphone is actively recording. Each Quadro head can also function in all possible polar patterns (cardioid, figure-8, omnidirectional and anything in between). These features combine to deliver virtually limitless variations in tonality and stereo images and enable a wide range of creative effects.
The slickest of them all
Edge Quadro not only sounds incredible – it looks great, too! This unique mic comes with a custom luxury shock mount and two oxygen-free copper Y-cables included in the package. The microphone is housed in a custom, handmade, wooden case, offering additional protection to its already solid and durable body.
The Edge emulations are designed to work hand-in-hand with Antelope’s own precision mic preamps and converters. For maximum accuracy, Edge Quadro can be used with any of Antelope Audio’s mic preamp-equipped interfaces, whose built-in FPGA processing capabilities allow real-time vintage mic emulation. However, Edge Quadro also includes Antelope’s native mic emulation plug-ins, meaning you can use any third-party audio interface and even change modeling settings after recording. Available in VST, AU and AAX formats for both macOS and Windows, Antelope’s native AFX plug-ins* provide everything we’ve come to expect from their industry-leading FPGA FX, with minimal latency, a high degree of oversampling and precise floating-point calculations.
Antelope Edge Quadro Modeling Microphone Features
- One-of-a-kind Quadrasonic modeling microphone
- Two heads with large dual-membrane condenser capsules
- Audio signal is split into four independent XLR output channels for optimum control
- Switchable patterns (cardioid, figure-8 and omnidirectional)
- Individual mic emulation and polar pattern selection for each head
- Infinite upper head rotation for maximum flexibility
- Ultra-low reflection, fully symmetrical top and bottom heads
- Extensive library of vintage mic emulations
- Custom luxury shock mount and two special OFC Y-cables included in the package
- Custom handmade wooden case
Antelope Edge Quadro Modeling Microphone Emulations
- Berlin 47 FT
- Berlin 49T
- Berlin 57
- Berlin 87
- Berlin 67
- Berlin M103
- Vienna 12
- Vienna 414
- Tokyo 800T
- Oxford 4038
- Sacramento 121R
- Berlin K86 (coming soon)
- Berlin 47 TU (coming soon)
- Berlin V563 (coming soon)
- Berlin/Halske M25 (coming soon)
- Berlin M251 (coming soon)
- Minnesota 20 (coming soon)
- Illinois 7B (coming soon)
Antelope Edge Quadro Modeling Microphone Specifications
- Microphone type: Quadrasonic condenser microphone
- Diaphragms: Two large condenser capsules with double-sided 6u gold-sputtered membranes in independent heads. Upper head is fully rotatable.
- Diaphragm diameter: 34mm
- Polar pattern: Multi-pattern (cardioid, figure-8, omnidirectional, Blumlein, M/S, X/Y)
- Frequency response: 20HZ ~ 20kHZ
- Sensitivity: -35dB | 18mV/Pa (-1 to +3dB)
- THD+N: -116dB
- Self-noise: 19dB(A)
- SNR: 75dB(A)
- Output impedance: 50 Ohms @ 1kHz
- Power requirements: 48V DC phantom power
- Output connector: 5-pin male XLR
- Color: Black matte
Antelope Edge Quadro Modeling Microphone Includes
- Edge Quadro Modeling Microphone
- Breakout Cable: Two 5-meter, 5-pin female XLR to dual 3-pin male XLR (high grade OFC Y-cables)
- Mount: Custom-made shock absorber type
- Case: Custom handmade wooden case
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This mic sounds fantastic! I was doubtful when I purchased this mic but I am now a believer. It may be debatable whether the mic models sound exactly like the originals, but what is not debatable is that everything I record through this mic sounds fantastic! Also, it is super easy to record in a mid-side configuration to make acoustic guitar sound larger than life. Also, the models add a bit of flavor and make it easy to find the right sound for the occasion. Tracks stack well and I couldn't be happier. I now have no use for some of the other expensive mics in my studio.