The AEA N8 Stereo Microphone Kit comes with all of the accessories necessary to easily configure the figure-eight N8 microphones in Blumlein and near-coincident: an SKB travel case, the new AEA SMS stereo bar, two custom Windtech windscreens for outdoor use, and a Blumlein coupler.
The AEA N8 Ribbon Microphone is a modern ribbon mic that records the live, natural sound of instruments within a space as it would sound in-person, with all subtlety and nuance present. It effortlessly captures complex sources like drums, strings, piano, and other instruments that can produce intricate transients, harsh highs, and bellowing lows. The AEA N8 It boasts the widest frequency range of any mic in the AEA lineup and effortlessly manages more complex source audio like drums, strings, piano, and other instruments that produce intricate transients, harsh highs, and bellowing lows. The full potential of the N8 is perhaps best realized when configured in a stereo array, as it draws on the same successful sonic concepts as the AEA R88.
AEA N8 Ribbon Microphone Features
- Open and natural sound
- Far-field ribbon mic that retains low end and top end from a distance
- Same design philosophy as the AEA R88 stereo ribbon mic
- Compact, lightweight, and low-profile design
- Features active electronics and custom transformer optimized for all preamps
- Made in the U.S.A.
AEA N8 Ribbon Microphone Specifications
- Operating Principle: Pressure gradient microphone
- Directional Pattern: Bidirectional or Figure-of-8
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL: 141 dB (1% third harmonic > 1 kHz)
- Output Impedance: 92 Ohms, broadband
- Sensitivity: -44.2 dBV/Pa (6.2 mV) into unloaded circuit
- Connector: XLR
- Height: 8.83" (32.4 cm)
- Width: 1.62" (4.1 cm)
- Depth: 1.62" (4.1 cm)
AEA N8 Stereo Microphone Kit Includes
- 2x N8 Ribbon Microphones
- SKB Case
- SMS Stereo Bar
- Two Windtech Windscreens
- Blumlein Coupler
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Fabulous Big RibbonsSep 7th 2015
We bought the N8 Stereo Kit from Ryan and couldn't be more pleased. While it may be a little easier to use the R88 for Blumlein or Mid-Side, this kit gives great flexibility to use the mics in non-coincident configurations as well. While we've only had the opportunity to use the N8 stereo kit on flute, piano, and trumpet so far, they sound fabulous on these instruments. Get them already!