Warm Audio WA-2A Compressor
The Warm Audio WA-2A Compressor is designed after the most iconic tube compressor in history, LA-2A Leveling Amplifier, and delivers the highest level of articulation, depth, realism, and responsiveness of a well-built piece of analog gear.
Though digital technology and software have made great strides in recent years; we still believe that nothing compares to the level of articulation, depth, realism, and responsiveness of a well-built piece of analog gear. When you hear the bottom-end presence and top-end detail of quality analog gear, the difference can be astounding. The cost of most boutique analog equipment is financially out of reach for many recording artists. Our mission is to change this, and introduce as many people as we can to recording and mixing with real, dedicated hardware.
2A Style Optical Compressor - Made Affordable.
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of this classic '2A-style optical compressor. For decades, the renowned 2A style circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
Releasing the Warm Audio WA-2A Compressor would be for nothing if it wasn't affordable. Since the start of Warm Audio they have strived to give an unprecedented value to customers, by putting high end audio within the reach of more people than ever before. This philosophy drives everything they do, and every product they offer.
Premium Components in every Warm Audio product.
The Warm Audio WA-2A Compressor is a high-voltage, Class-A opto-compressor, utilzing large-core CineMag USA Transformers, four premium vacuum tubes, and the legendary Kenetek opto-cell - considered by many to be the worlds finest.
A Four Tube Operation.
The Warm Audio WA-2A Compressor operates on four tubes: two 12AX7s, one 12BH7, and one 6P1J. We proudly use Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix brand tubes in the signal path, which sound very 'open' and LARGE. All 4 tubes are socketed for easy swapping and replacement.
Warm Audio WA-2A Compressor Specifications
- 2A Style, Transformer balanced, high voltage, opto tube compressor.
- Utilizes premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers.
- Utilizes USA made Kenetek opto attenuator.
- Premium Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix tubes. 2x 12ax7, 1x 12bh7, 1x 6aq5
- Fully discrete signal path.
- Socketed to allow for retro-fitting with other opto-cells.
- Variable Pre-emphasis, allows for compression hipass filtering.
- Stereo-link capability.
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs - 600 ohms impedance.
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs - 600 ohms impedance.
- Frequency Response +/- 1 dB, 15 Hz to 20kHz.
- Gain 40 dB ±1dB.
- Input Level +16 dB maximum.
- Output Level +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum.
- Distortion Less than 0.1% THD at ±10 dBm.
- Noise = -74dB.
- Attack Time - 10 milliseconds.
- Release Time - 0.06 seconds for 50% release.
- 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release.
- Meter shows both dB gain reduction and dB output.
- Power - 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz.
- Dimensions - 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19" x 7" x 3.5".
- Weight - 12 lbs.
Warm Audio WA-2A Compressor Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Well made. Easy to use and dial in the settings
This was one of my first hardware compression pieces. With minimal knobs, the Wa2a is easy to dial in and helps any one reach their compression needs. Nothing comes close in sound for the price. So go get you one!