Warm Audio WA-47jr Microphone
The Warm Audio WA-47jr Microphone is an FET transformerless version of the highly renowned classic 47 microphone that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years.
The WA-47jr is fully discrete, has 3 polar patterns and is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications. The WA-47jr sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources. The WA-47jr proudly utilizes a custom k47 style capsule reproduction, designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response as the vintage design. Our version of this capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v) is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule manufacturer with careful precision and repeat-ability that allows the most important sonic piece of the classic mic to be heard and influence the tone and signature of the WA-47jr. The WA47jr's low-noise and discrete signal path, when paired with this excellent true '47 style capsule, allows it to obtain a very similar tone to the classic 47 microphone, but at a much lower price tag. The WA-47jr utilizes the same k47 style capsule found in our flagship WA-47 tube condenser microphone.
The WA-47jr circuit uses high quality Toshiba FETs, Wima film capacitors and Panasonic electrolytic capacitors. The circuit is modernized and more simple than the classic 47 tube microphone, but the components and circuitry are top-notch, and have a sound quality and tone that punches far above anything weve ever heard in this price range. Warm Audio is very excited to bring this 47 style FET condenser microphone and classic tone to the market at such an affordable price. They feel confident that you will enjoy a lifetime of beautiful recordings with the WA-47jr. Quality components make a better mic The WA-47jr proudly utilizes a custom k47 style capsule reproduction, designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response as the vintage part. Our version of this capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v) is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule manufacturer with careful precision and repeat-ability. The WA47jr's low-noise and discrete signal path then paired with an excellent true '47 style capsule allows this mic to obtain a very similar tone to the classic 47 microphone at a much lower price tag.
Warm Audio WA-47jr Microphone Features
- 3 Polar Patterns - Cardiod, Figure-Of-Eight & Omnidirectional
- High Pass Filter - A 70hz high pass filter is available for reducing rumble and other subsonic information.
- -10dB Pad - A -10dB pad switch is available on the WA-47jr. The pad exists internally within the active circuitry.
Warm Audio WA-47jr Microphone Specifications
- FET transformerless '47 style condenser microphone.
- Custom true '47 capsule reproduction (k47 style) - Model# WA-47-B-80v.
- Capsule makeup: Gold sputtered, dual large diaphragm, single backplate, 6 microns NOS mylar (PET film).
- Fully discrete signal path, Toshiba FETs, Wima film capacitors, Panasonic electrolytic capacitors.
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure-of-eight, and omnidirectional.
- High-pass filter: 70Hz
- Pad: -10db
- Self-noise: 9dBA
- Dynamic range: 138dBA
- Maximum SPL: 147/157dB (@1kHz 1kOhms 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB)
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz~20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa or -40dB
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kOhms
- Maximum output: 16dBu @1kHz, 1kOhms, 0.5% THD
- S/N Ratio: 85dBA (IEC651)
- Equivalent Noise: 9dBA (IEC651)
- Dynamic Range: 138dBA (IEC651)
- 48v phantom powered
- 3-Pin Gold-Plated XLR
- Nickel Plated
- Weight: 1.1 lbs
- Diameter: 52mm
- Length: 210mm
Warm Audio WA-47jr Microphone Includes
- WA-47jr Microphone
- Zipper storage pouch
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The Warm Audio WA-47jr was one of the first microphones I bought when I grew out of my first bundle. It is a very smooth microphone with great low end. I love to use it on kick drums and guitar cabinets.
with 47 LDC capsule and MultiPattern and top end parts inside its a product far above its price....get a pair!
I own a small commercial recording studio. This thing is a powerhouse for its size and price. I own several Warm Audio mics and Mic Pres and all their gear is top notch. There was a problem with the Shock mount and Front End Audio connected me with Warm and they sent a replacement immediately. Great gear and great customer service. Highly recommend