Speck Electronics X.Sum Summing Mixer
The Speck Electronics X.Sum Summing Mixer offers 16 stereo input channels with level, pan, mix assign and mono select - it's more than just a simple summing box.
The Speck Electronics X.Sum design takes you beyond the simple "hard-left" or "hard-right" summing box, and gives you 16 stereo input channels with level, pan, mix assign and mono select. If you need more than simple summing, then you need the Speck Electronics X.Sum. The X.Sum is a 32 x 4 line mixer that can be used for external DAW summing or as a line mixer for synths, samplers, and effect returns. Any of the 16 stereo channels can be assigned to either the main stereo Mix output or the stereo Mix-B output.
The Ins and Outs
Connect the Speck Electronics X.Sum to virtually any line level source: balanced, unbalanced, transformer, or transformer-less. The Speck Electronics X.Sum has high headroom that will handle balanced signals up to +28dBu. All audio inputs and outputs are fully balanced and available on TRS connectors.
Looking a bit closer at the rear panel, you will notice a Multi-function I/O connector. This connection increases the functionality of the X.Sum's inputs and outputs.
The Speck Electronics X.Sum includes an external breakout box that adds connectors for the Mix-B outputs and "Pre" Mix-A outputs. The left/right "Pre" Mix-A outputs bypass the X.Sum's master section so you can use your own external preamps to add character and color to your mix.
The Speck Electronics X.Sum is the work of Vince Poulos, the designer and owner of Speck Electronics.Speck Electronics has been producing quality professional audio products for over 30 years. Founded in 1973, Speck Electronics has consistently provided innovations in audio products for all segments of professional recording and touring. Other products include the LiLo mixer, the XTRAMIX rack mixer, the ASC equalizer, and MicPre 5.0preamp.
Speck Electronics X.Sum Summing Mixer Features
- 16 Stereo Line Inputs-
- Stereo level control.
- Pan/balance control.
- Mix assign switch that routes input channel to the main stereo mix or Mix-B stereo mix.
- Mono Switch.
- Left and right balanced TRS inputs.
- Master Section-
- Master level control.
- Stereo/mono switch
- Monitor/Phone level provides
- adjustment to headphone jack and Mix-B output.
- Balanced TRS stereo mix output. Multi-purpose I/O connector. Expandable to 128 inputs. Breakout Box & Expander cables-
- Combo breakout for Mix-B and
- Mix-A outputs.
- Cables to link 2, 3, or 4 X.Sum's.
Speck Electronics X.Sum Summing Mixer Specifications
- Frequency Response (12 dB gain) 3Hz-54kHz (+0/-.5dB)
- THD+n (Gain 12, Output +24dBu) .0024%
- Noise (22Hz-22kHz) -102dBu (Residual output noise) -87dBu (16 channels routed, faders off)
- Maximum Input Level +28dBu
- Maximum Output Level +28dBu
- Input Impedance 30K Ohms (Balanced) 15K Ohms (Unbalanced)
- Output Impedance 60 Ohms
- Dimensions (Mixer) WxHxD = 1.75" x 19" x 10.75" (44mm x 483mm x 273mm)
- Dimensions (Power Supply) WxHxD = 4.6" x 2.75" x 7.3" (117mm x 70mm x 185mm)
- Shipping Weight (Mixer & PS) 15 Lbs (6.8kg)
Speck Electronics X.Sum Summing Mixer Downloads
Speck Electronics X.Sum Summing Mixer Reviews
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a sturdy line mixer. I can't complain about anything. All the other reviews are right, this mixer will cover all of your bases and the controllability is unmatched.
This is exactly what I expected from all the reviews I've read. Solid construction, dead quiet, and absolutely transparent with no apparent coloration. Front End Audio was timely with their delivery, and I appreciate the fact that they don't plaster me with dumb spams, just very enticing deals, GOOD deals! I highly recommend these guys!