Radial Space Heater Summing Mixer
The Radial Space Heater Summing Mixer is a single space 8-channel tube overdrive that can be used as a stereo summing mixer or as multi-channel studio distortion. Connect it to your digital interface to sum tracks in the analog domain, or use it as a hardware insert to add character to individual channels. With complete control over each tube circuit, the Space Heater can provide everything from subtle transformer warmth to full on harmonic distortion.
The Radial Space Heater Summing Mixer is a combination 8x2 summing mixer and a badass 8-channel harmonic distortion device that lets you add a little, or more, or a lot of distortion to your signal path.
The design begins with eight +4dBu balanced line level inputs that feed four 12AX7 tubes wired in stereo. A heat switch on each channel lets you apply between 35, 70 or 140 volts to the tube to modify the performance. When set to a lower voltage; it starves the tube, increasing distortion producing filthy layers of grit. When the voltage is set to maximum; the signal cleans up resulting in natural tube warmth with wonderful harmonic overtones. Separate DRIVE and LEVEL controls let you fine-tune the settings on each channel to increase or decrease distortion to suit. Each of the eight outputs is equipped with an oversized output transformer for beefy character while providing galvanic isolation to eliminate noise. You can also bypass the tube circuit and drive the transformer on its own to produce a vintage feel that is reminiscent of the finest audio designs from yesteryears.
Connections to and from the Radial Space Heater include ¼" TRS and 25-pin D-Sub balanced inputs, balanced ¼" TRS send and receive insert points, and an 8-channel balanced D-Sub output. The send jacks or the D-subs can be used to process individual instruments, enhance a sterile vocal track, add 'grind' to a bass track or 'sparkle' to an acoustic guitar. Used as four stereo pairs, the Radial Space Heater can be used to fatten stereo stems or with in-ear monitor systems to add natural tube compression to create a more enjoyable on-stage experience. All eight channels can be sent to the master left-right XLR outputs for stereo summing with odd channels routed left and even channels routed right. This set up is often used to add crunch to drum kits or for traditional analog (out-of-the-box) summing and can be expanded using the link connectors for 16, 24 or 32 x2 summing requirements. This is supplemented with high-pass filters on each channel that help clean up tracks by removing excessive low frequency resonance.
The Radial Space Heater a character box with an attitude you will love!
Radial Space Heater Summing Mixer Features
- 8-channel 12AX7 tube overdrive with summing mixer
- 35, 70 and 140 volt Heat switch
- Channel outputs allow for use on single tracks
- Transformer coupled outputs for vintage tone
Radial Space Heater Summing Mixer Applications
- Software insert - Use the Radial Space Heater on eight individual tracks in your mix to add grit or character. Adjustable LEVEL and DRIVE tailors the level of distortion from subtle to extreme.
- Summing 8 or more channels to stereo - Complete your final summing out-of-the-box by sending stereo stem mixes to the Radial Space Heater. Mix four stereo stems down to a master stereo output, or link multiple Radial Space Heaters together for analog summing heaven!
- With in-ear monitors - Get the natural feel and tone back into your in-ear monitors by adding the natural compression of tube distortion into the signal path. It's like playing in front of your amp without the stage noise!
Radial Space Heater Summing Mixer Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Circuit Type: Class-A tube gain stage with IC buffers
- Frequency Response: 20Hz 20Khz, +0/-3dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Variable
- Dynamic Range: 96dB
- Input Impedance Bypassed: 50k? in parallel with your load device
- Input Impedance Active: 100k?
- Maximum Input: +22dBu
- Gain: +33dB@140V, +29db@70V, +27dB@35V
- Gain - Mix Bus: 6dB above individual channel output
- Bypass: Full bypass
- Clip Level - Output: +26dBu
- Output Impedance - Balanced Outputs: 180?
- Output Impedance - Headphone Out: 15?
- Output Impedance - Mix Bus Out: 100?
- Common Mode Rejection: -70dBu @ 55Hz
- Equivalent Input Noise: 103dBu
- Noise Floor - Maximum Gain: -64dBu @ 140V, -66dBu @ 70V, -70dBu @ 35V
- Noise Floor - Controls at 50%: -70dBu @ 140Hz, -72dBu @ 70V, -76dBu@35V
- Intermodulation Distortion: Variable
- Unity Gain Control Setting: Drive and Gain at "11 o'clock"
- Number of Channels: Eight channels
- Input Connectors: ¼" TRS, DB-25
- Output Connectors: DB-25
- Insert Connectors: 8 x ¼" TRS Send, 8 x ¼" Receive
- Mix Bus Output: XLR
- Low Pass Filter: -5dB @ 40Hz, 6dB/Octave slope
- XLR Configuration: Pin 2 +, Pin 3 -, Pin 1 GND
- Power Supply (Included): External switching type 100V 240V AC, 1600mA output with 5 pin XLR
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (L x W x H): 17.5" x 6" x 1.75" (44.5cm x 15.25cm x 4.45cm)
- Weight: 8.5lb (3.8kg)
- Shipping Size (L x W x H): 22" x 10.375" x 4.5" (55.9cm x 26.4cm x 11.4cm)
- Shipping Weight: 9.5lb (4.3kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Space Heater Summing Mixer Includes
- Radial Space Heater Summing Mixer
- External Switching Power Supply 100V 240V AC, 1600mA
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Space Heater Summing Mixer Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review