The SoundToys Little AlterBoy Plug-In is a Monophonic Voice Manipulator, offering vocal formant and pitch shifting. It also features a Hard Tune FX, Robot/Vocoder Mode, and Tube Drive.
Meet Little AlterBoy a vocal pitch and formant manipulation plug-in inspired by PurePitch (SoundToys' very first plug-in, and the world's first real-time formant shifting plug-in) and mashed up with a tube saturation model from our popular Decapitator plug-in.
Little AlterBoy makes it possible to transform your vocal tracks in exciting and even drastic ways - from simple pitch transposition, to gender and character manipulation or even extreme pitch quantization, distortion, or robotic effects.
For best results, it's important to know that Little AlterBoy is designed to process only clean monophonic vocal tracks (much like some other vocal tuning plug-ins). If you're using multiple effects inserts on your vocal track, be sure to insert Little AlterBoy BEFORE any other effects.
SoundToys Little AlterBoy Plug-In Features
- Transform vocals with a set of easy-to-use tools in one simple plug-in
- Shift the pitch and formant (gender) of vocals in real time
- Use the mix control to create instant vocal harmony
- Lock vocals to a pitch for robot effects
- Create vocoder-like effects using MIDI control
- Get that hard tune effect heard in countless hip hop and pop hits
SoundToys Little AlterBoy Plug-In Specifications
- All version 5.0.4 Soundtoys products come with 32-bit and 64-bit VST, AU, and AAX Native plug-in formats.
- Here is a list of all of the DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) that are officially supported:
- Pro Tools
- Cubase / Nuendo
- Digital Performer
- *If your DAW is not on this list, it doesn't necessarily mean that SoundToys plug-ins won't work... It just means that it has not been tested. If something goes wrong with an unsupported DAW, SoundToys welcomes to write into support, but they cannot guarantee a solution.
- Supported sample rates:
- Minimum: 44.1 kHz, Maximum: 192 kHz
- System requirements:
- Operating system:
- Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- Windows 7 or later
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation.
- Operating system:
- Other requirements:
- iLok.com account (An iLok USB dongle is not required)