Shure SRH940 Professional Reference Headphones
The Shure SRH940 Professional Reference Headphones feature excellent transient response and provide accuracy over the whole audio spectrum in a lightweight and collapsible design!
Shure SRH940 Professional Reference Headphones Details
Designed for professional audio engineers and in-studio talent, the Shure SRH940 Headphones provide accurate response across the entire audio spectrum to deliver smooth high-end extension with tight bass. Superior transient response provides minimal distortion and the collapsible, lightweight design with premium padded headband offer superior comfort and portability. Two included detachable cables (straight and coiled) and a replacement set of velour ear pads ensure a long-lasting lifetime of use.
Shure SRH940 Professional Reference Headphones Features
- Accurate frequency response delivers smooth high-end extension with tight bass, and superior transient response for minimal distortion
- Lightweight, ergonomic fit with premium padded headband provides superior comfort over extended periods
- Closed-back, circumaural design rests comfortably over the ears and reduces background noise
- Collapsible design with 90-degree swivel ear cups for easy storage and portability
- Legendary Shure quality to withstand the rigors of everyday use
- Bayonet Clip securely locks cable into ear cup
- Replaceable ear pads ensure long product life
- Two included detachable cables (3 m coiled/2 m straight) provides plenty of length and flexible wearing options
- Zippered, hard travel case protects headphones when on the go or not in use
Shure SRH940 Professional Reference Headphones Specifications
- Transducer Type: Dynamic, Neodymium magnet
- Driver Size: 40 mm
- Frequency Range: 5 - 30,000 Hz
- Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz): 100 dB/mW
- Impedance (@ 1 kHz): 42 Ohms
- Maximum Input Power: 1000 mW
- Connector: Gold-plated 3.5 mm (1/8â?) stereo mini jack plug with 6.35 mm (1/4â?) threaded adapter
- Cable Length/Type
- Coiled: 3 meters (9.84 ft) / detachable, oxygen-free copper
- Straight: 1.37 meters (4.5 ft) / detachable, oxygen-free copper
- Removable Ear Pads: Yes
- Collapsible: Yes
- Weight: .71 lb (322 g)
What We Think - Shure SRH940 Review
"I became a pretty big fan of the Shure SRH840 headphones and the SRH440 has been a new favorite studio standard by our staff and customers alike. I fell in love the SRH840s for the nice, big sound with an even and non-assaulting presentation. To me, they are hard to top for a closed-back headphone. So, when Shure announced the SRH940 headphones, I really wondered where there was for them to go; the SRH840 seemed to do everything I imagined possible in a closed-back headphone.
However, the folks at Shure's R&D department must be pretty ingenious... because when I first plugged the SRH940 headphones into the Burson Audio HA-160D, it became pretty clear what their goal was - to provide the multi-dimensional sound-stage one typically experiences with open-back headphones, but in a closed-back format. Still, I think what is important is that the SRH940s lack none of the sonic features that I love about closed-back phones in order to accomplish the sound-stage. They truly are a step-up from one of my favorite headphones - which I really didn't think was going to be possible. The SRH940s should definitely be on the really, really short-list for recording engineers whose control room is the same as the tracking space. They have an exquisite fit and rest lightly on the head. Plus the ear-pads are exceptional with a soft velvety finish, differing from the plush-leatherette of the SRH840.
What I find really nice about this package is that it comes with an exceptional case for protection, as well as with both a coiled cable AND a straight cable. I find that in studio situations, I might want a straight cable for not feeling bound to the amp - except at the extreme of my range, and for live, I want a coiled cable just to keep the cable out of my way as I move around within a smaller area. I hate nothing more than stepping on my cable and ripping my phones right off my head! You also get a replacement set of ear-pads in the box with their very own compartment. It's a fantastic package that only increases the value of what you receive.
The Shure SRH940 headphones are a serious studio tool that will ultimately become the choice of recording engineers, live sound engineers, and discriminating musicians who wish to hear everything with smooth presentation that won't wear their ears out during long tracking sessions."
Front End Audio
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
If you would like to get a little bit more than just studio working kits, this Shure SRH940 is an ideal partner. At first, it is loyal to original sound. I use 940 to check some church live recordings last year and it fits the aural environment and music details.
At the same time, it does not sacrifice natural music feelings for cold reference objects. It is a musical assist other than just an electric current to sound converter.
Alan Moon reviewed it as combining the advantage of both open back and closed back headphones. While, my description is arousing my memories of HI-FI devices like Dynaudio and old QUAD amps.
These are exactly what you would expect from any Sure Product. Incredible quality and above the bar performance.