Shure KSM313 Ribbon Microphone
The Shure KSM313 Dual-Voice Ribbon Microphone, a premium Dual-Voice, bi-directional ribbon microphone featuring Roswellite ribbon technology for world-class audio and performance.
Shure KSM313 Ribbon Microphone Details
The Shure KSM313 is a premium bi-directional ribbon microphone for world-class audio and performance. The Dual-Voice design features discrete front-and-rear side sonic signatures for use with amplified instruments or in intimate vocal applications. Hand assembled in the USA with custom components and proprietary Roswellite ribbon technology for revolutionary ribbon resilience under extreme SPL conditions.
The high-tensile strength, toughness and shape memory of Roswellite ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons for superior resilience at extreme SPLs.
With unique technology and application features, alongside superior materials and construction, Shure KSM Ribbon Microphones are the necessary choice for the world's most accomplished studio and live performances.
Shure KSM313 Ribbon Microphone Features
- Bi-directional polar pattern delivers premier audio with superior off-axis rejection
- True Dual Voicing tuned specifically for userâ??s for choice of response - warm and full for amplifiers, or swivel for bright and flattering vocals
- Revolutionary Roswellite proprietary ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons with high tensile strength, toughness and shape memory that provides superior resilience at extreme SPLs
- Custom-sourced components for superior presence, minimized signal loss and maximized output.
- 146dB SPL / 30 â?" 15,000 Hz frequency response ideal for capturing fast transients in vocals, acoustic instruments and concert halls
- Legendary Shure quality and superior construction from hand-assembly of machined steel, silver, gold and aluminum materials
- ShureLock stand mount for secure thread-locked mounting
- Aluminum flight case for storage when not in use
- Included Accessories
- A300M Stand ShureLock Mount
- Based on the classic KSM Stand Mount design
- Provides secure thread-lock mounting
- Compatible with all KSM313 models
- Also compatible with KSM353/ED
- A313SC Aluminum Flight Case: Similar to the dimensions and design of the KSM9 case
- A313VB Velveteen Pouch
- A300M Stand ShureLock Mount
Shure KSM313 Ribbon Microphone Specifications
- Transducer Type: Roswellite Ribbon
- Frequency Response: 30Hz to 15,000Hz
- Directional Polar Pattern: Bidirectional
- Output Impedance: Transformer, balanced, actual 270 Ohms
- Polarity: Positive pressure on front side of ribbon produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3,pin 1 ground
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage): -54.5 dBV/Pa (1.88 mV/Pa)
- Dimensions & Weight
- Diameter: 4.32 cm (1.7 in)
- Height: 13.5 cm (5.3 in)
- Weight: 400g (0.881 lbs)
- Max SPL: 146 dB
- Connector: Three pin professional audio (XLR) male
Shure KSM313 Ribbon Microphone Applications
- Studio Vocals
- Studio Instruments
- Studio Ensemble
- Live Vocals
Shure KSM313 Ribbon Microphone Downloads
What We Think - Shure KSM313 Review
"The Shure KSM313 is formerly known as the Crowley & Tripp Naked Eye Roswellite which we had lots of experience with back before Crowley & Tripp sold the designs and manufacturing to Shure. This was always a favorite of ours for it's extra little 'bite', making it perfect for getting the teeth out of a guitar track. The dual-voicing helps to shape the sound at the source without having to eq a lot after the fact. Need more top-end? Just turn the mic around. You can hear the two different characters of this mic in Front End Audio's Tuesday Testers page under the Hear The Gear tab in the main banner on our homepage. We did a ribbon microphone shootout and posted the clips there to help aid you in deciding on which ribbon mic is best for you.If you have any questions, give us a call."
Front End Audio
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review