Shure Beta 87A Supercardioid Condenser Vocal Microphone
The Shure Beta 87A microphone has consistently been a top choice of performers and audio technicians around the world due to its superb accuracy and detail, and rich vocal production.
Shure Beta 87A Supercardioid Condenser Vocal Microphone Details
This long-standing favorite now features a new design and has been renamed the Beta 87A TM. In response to user requests, Shure has redesigned this microphone by just slightly thickening the handle for a more comfortable feel when hand-held. In addition, the Beta 87A now includes the A25D break-resistant swivel adapter.
The Shure Model Beta 87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level (SPL) capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the Beta 87A combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production.
The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the "boomy" sound often associated with close pick-up. The characteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. The Beta 87A operates on phantom power.
Shure Beta 87A Supercardioid Condenser Vocal Microphone Features
- Smooth, tailored frequency response provides detail, accuracy, and warmth for vocals
- Extremely accurate supercardioid pattern at all frequencies provides the highest gain-before-feedback
- Three-stage pop filter minimizes breath pop and noise
- Break-resistant stand adapter
- Frequency response: 50 to 20,000 Hz
Shure Beta 87A Supercardioid Condenser Vocal Microphone Specifications
- Type Condenser (electret bias)
- Applications Professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications
- Frequency Response 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern Supercardioid
- Impedance Output Impedance Rated at 150 ohms (100 ohms actual Â±20%)
- Recommended minimum load impedance: 800 ohms
- Output Level At 1,000 Hz: Open Circuit Voltage -52.5 dBV/Pa (2 mV) (1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Connector Three pin (XLR) professional audio
- Polarity Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 w/ respect to pin 3
- Case: Aluminum Construction with Blue Metalic Finish,and hardened steel grille with nickel satin chrome plating
- Adjustable Stand Adapter Slip in, unbreakable adjustable through 180°, with standard 5/8-27 thread, Black finish
- Dimensions 192 mm / 7 9/16 in. x 51 mm / 2 in. / handle 21 mm / 53/64 in.
- Weight 207 grams (7.6 oz)
Shure Beta 87A Supercardioid Condenser Vocal Microphone Applications
- Lead Vocals
- Backup Vocals
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I am very satisfied with my experience in purchasing a product from your site. I was able to address a potential problem with one of your sales reps who was very knowledgeable and courteous, and he helped me solve an issue and fix a problem. I would definitely purchase from your site again.
Great mic for live performance. Decent rejection but far more clarity than the standard SM58. Had one for years, sold it, and now regret it. Has more presence but less heft than a Telefunken M80, for example. Has that Shure beta mic sound...bumped upper mid-range that cuts through on stage. Watch out for bleed though.