Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
The Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone is designed to capture brighter vocals with sparkling accuracy. The 87A brings more crisp to the concert and the increased presence will have everyone singing your praises.
The Shure Beta 87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the Beta 87A combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production. The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the “boomy” sound often associated with close pick-up. The characteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. The Beta 87A operates on phantom power.
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone Features
- Supercardioid polar pattern remains uniform throughout the frequency range allowing higher gain before feedback and reduced background noise pickup.
- Wide dynamic range (113 dB) and low distortion characteristics.
- Phantom powered, accepts voltages from 11 to 52 volts.
- Smooth frequency response from 50 Hz to 18 kHz with a gradual presence rise and minimal off-axis coloration.
- Low susceptibility to RFI, electrostatic and electro-magnetic hum.
- Advanced cartridge shockmount system reduces handling noise.
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone Includes
- Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
- Shure A25DM Mic Stand Adapter
- Zippered Carrying Bag
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I am very satisfied with my experience in purchasing a product from your site. I was able to address a potential problem with one of your sales reps who was very knowledgeable and courteous, and he helped me solve an issue and fix a problem. I would definitely purchase from your site again.
Great mic for live performance. Decent rejection but far more clarity than the standard SM58. Had one for years, sold it, and now regret it. Has more presence but less heft than a Telefunken M80, for example. Has that Shure beta mic sound...bumped upper mid-range that cuts through on stage. Watch out for bleed though.