Shure 520DX "Green Bullet" Dynamic Microphone
Shure 520DX "Green Bullet" Omni-Directional Dynamic Microphone w/ Volume Control
Legendary among harmonica players for its classic blues harp sound, the 520D's tradition is carried on by the 520DX "Green Bullet" and has a contoured size and shape that fits perfectly between harmonica and hands.
- New volume control knob allows musicians to adjust the volume to fit each musical situation
- New rugged, dynamic cartridge with improved response
- High-impedance, omnidirectional
- Supplied with 1/4 inch connector
- Frequency response: 100 to 5,000 Hz
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 100 to 5,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Impedance: High, unbalanced
/ Minimum: 100 k Load Impedance Range
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage â?"38.0 dBV/Pa (13 mV) 1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Polarity: Positive sound pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on tip with respect to sleeve (ground) of microphone output phone plug connector
- Cable: 6.1 m (20 ft) two conductor shielded with standard 1/4-inch phone plug attached (supplied wired for high-impedance, unbalanced connection)
- Case: Green and chrome finished die casting
- Dimensions: 63 mm (2.5 in) max diameter, 82.6 mm (3 1/4 in) long
- Net Weight (with cable): 737 grams (26 oz)
- Harmonica man, come on! OK hell itâ??s up to you.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This mic, man, it has something real "cool" about it, when you listen to an instrument mic'd through this, there's a certain kind of "familiarity" in the sound, it's low-fi, crappy sound but - the unusual tone of the mic makes it a quick favorite to me.
We recorded strummed and fingerstyle playing on acoustic guitar, vocals and harmonica.
We thought the strumming sounded real bad, but the rest (especially the fingerstyle playing) was excellent!
No issues ordering through Frontend, order was well packaged and arrived in the expected time-frame.
These mics rock! They are obviously good on Harmonica, but they are one of my favorite "special effect" mics for vocals. They distort really cool.